Happy Birthday Ritchie Blackmore!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Ritchie Blackmore!!

59 years old today! One of the guys that made me want to pick up a guitar, along with many others including Yngwie J. Malmsteen (don't confuse him with all the other Yngwie Malmsteens)!

Fender should love him; he's sold a boat load of Strats in the past 35 years!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Re: Happy Birthday Ritchie Blackmore!!

Yeah, Deep Purple in Rock is the album that got me tinkering on the 6 string, though i cant say he's ever inspired me to play a Mandolin [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Happy Birthday anyway to the man in black,

Steve

Comment

The shredmeister of his time (yet still damned tasteful)! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Much like Uli ...he gets better with age..

Now only if he quits that Blackmore's night with his wife ... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I know his wife is a young piece of ass for him ....but jeeeesshh...elf boots and a tutu ...where do you draw the line... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

What's Ritchie been doing lately? Playing folksong?

Comment

Blackmore's Night is awesome. Not rock or metal, but it's good music.

Happy birthday Ritchie!

Comment

Ninj you like Blackmore's Night ...I really tried and bought a couple ...I just can't get into it

Give me Gates of Babylon and Stargazer anyday!!!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Isn't he dead yet?

Comment

Originally posted by horns666:
                  I know his wife is a young piece of ass for him ....but jeeeesshh...elf boots and a tutu ...where do you draw the line... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's freakin' hilarious! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, I love Blackmore's Night. Like I say, it doesn't satisfy my need for headbanging medal, but it is good stuff.

Comment

I like a couple of the Blackmore's Night songs, but overall I wish he would get back to doing rock'n'roll. But he's been wanting to do medieval music for many years, so I guess he's exactly where he wants to be.

And it seems to be a law of nature that old geezers will do just about anything for a young hottie wife...elf boots and tutus are better than signing over the bank account! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW, Blackmore was a HUGE influence on me, as well. Probably not a shredder by today's standards, but that lead in "Burn" is still pretty damned hard to play, even though I've had 20 years to practice it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
                          Isn't he dead yet?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, EASY!!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Hey, Cheech wore a tutu but Chong's the one in jail, eh?

AS for elf boots, Ronnie Dio wears 'em because they're the only ones that come in his size! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

although eddie van halen claims that clapton was his biggest influence, it sounds like blackmore
                            was to me. he was awesome with deep purple. what a band, what a player. 59 huh, man the time is flying now more than ever.
                            happy birthday richie, thaniks for the tunes.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                              AS for elf boots, Ronnie Dio wears 'em because they're the only ones that come in his size! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X