The Chasm- criminally underrated death metal king

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chasm- criminally underrated death metal king

If you like your death metal with atmosphere, depth and real solo, check out The Chasm. No fucking keyboard and guitar synth, just loads of monstrous riffs, plain and simple. This is a brutal death metal band that never sacrifices good songwriting and feeling to brainless brutality. Today this kind of a band is almost extinct. Edge Of Sanity is fucking epic with those 40 min songs, but imo they don't really have such doomy, sombre feeling. It's a sin that few people recognize The Chasm enough other than the fact that the singer used to be in Incantation. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Here's an mp3: http://www.enterthedeathcult.com/mp3/stormofR02.mp3

Re: The Chasm- criminally underrated death metal king

I've been meaning to check them out for a while now. I've heard great things about them.

Immolation is another great, very underrated death metal band.

Comment

Just listened to that MP3, and holy shit it's good! I'm definitely gonna go get some Chasm stuff.

Comment

what's the 3 guitar - looks like a hybrid between kelly and hamer scarab ?

Comment

I saw them at an all day death metal festival in Indiana last year. It was lots of locals bands and then some surrounding state bands and then 3 bands that were on tour which were a couple of emo/hardcore bands and then Malevolent Creation. I remember The Chasm coming and they started playing their first song and they were all synchronized with their headbanging and it was so awesome. I don't remember any songs specifically, but do remember they were extremely awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead:
            what's the 3 guitar - looks like a hybrid between kelly and hamer scarab ?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Looks like a Washburn, but I can't remember the model...
            sigpic

Comment

Fuck Yeah , I boght Procession to the infra world and Deathcult for eternity when the came out ...I love this shit

but I like Witchery even better....which is well not really death metal ...yeah I guess thy are!!!!!!!!!!

The reason I brought up Witchery with Jensen from the Haunted is because I bought that and the Chasm and Coffin Text at the same time ...and like alll of it ...great stuff!!!

The Chasm ...kicks ass ...my favorite is Procession to the infraworld!!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X