Best 3 Concerts You've ever seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 3 Concerts You've ever seen?

#1 - STRYPER Austin, Tx 2003. Absolute BEST metal show I've ever seen, PERIOD! I'm 37 and have seen many. My good friend and ex-bandmate (TxCharvel) went and were blown away! The guitar playing of Oz Fox and Michael Sweet was flawless, and Michael's vocals were perfect, he hit every high note. They rocked the house down. They are true christians and I walked away a different person. The reviews don't lie: http://www.stryper.com/2003tourreview.html

#2 - JUDAS PRIEST Dallas, Tx. (1990)I've been a Priest fan since I was about 15 and this concert was amazing as well, it was an all day jam with opening bands: Dangerous Toys, Motorhead, Alice Cooper. Priest with Rob Halford is a concert you need to see. I went with my band at the time and we met the guys from Pantera (before they were huge),who were sitting behind us! Priest is one of their fav. bands.

#3 METALLICA Waco, Tx. (Justice Tour) Queensryche opened. I love both bands and actually didnt want queensryche to leave the stage! Great show.

[ April 13, 2004, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Gary Powell ]

Re: Best 3 Concerts You\'ve ever seen?

#1. 1976 (I think) Kiss Alive 2. Judas Priest was the warm up act.
    #2. 1980 Van Halen 2 concert at the Paladium in NYC.
    #3. Rush Moving Pictures tour.

Comment

#1 Scorpions, Tampa FL, 2003. For a bunch of old guys they still rock and it surprises me that they can still jump around. I was very happy to find a bootleg DVD of the same tour so I can relive the experience over and over. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

#2 Prog Power 3, Atlanta GA, 2002(?). three of my favorites all in one weekend!! Blind Guardian (they were boring, but i was still glad to see them), Gamma Ray (one of my all time favorites), and Edguy (perfect blend of power and cheese). This was a fantastic experience. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

#3 Iron Maiden during the X-Factor tour. Yeah Blaze sucked and forgot the words to "Fear of the Dark", but it was Maiden playing a 250 person booty shaking club!! I never thought I'd see Maiden in such an up close and personal setting. Being able to watch Dave Murray from 4 feet away was phenominal. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Man I would love to see Maiden and the Scorpions..I dont know why I never got around to seeing them. Van Halen with Roth would have been in my top 10 also. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome awesome topic.

1. Jerry Cantrell, November 2002-Seeing one of your heroes play 5 feet from you is the best way to see them!

2. Warped Tour 2003-Some highlights included Andrew WK, Vendetta Red, Rancid, Dropkick Murphies, the Used, and the Ataris, who surprised me.

3. Bleeding Through, about 3 weeks ago-Most intense show ever, closest I've ever been to a band, and the nicest band members I've met afterwards.

Comment

In no particular order:

Metallica - 1986 Montreal - Master of Puppets tour
            w/ Metal Church and Sword opening. They were at their darkest and heaviest then. They raged through the whole show.

Iron Maiden - 2003 Montreal Dance of Death There was just something special about the show. They knew it and talked about that show and Quebec City on their website as 2 of the best they've ever played. They played like they were 15 years younger and at their peak.

Alice in Chains - 1994 Barrie, Ont. They were dark and ugly and tight as hell. They sang all the harmonies perfectly and the set list was amazing.

Comment

Stryper, Austin, TX 2003 - Best Freakin' Show Ever

38 Special - Dallas Alley around '89. This was a free outdoor show and about 25,000 people showed up.

Judas Priest/Cinderella, Austin, TX around '89 - Ram It Down Tour - Of course JP were awesome. But Tom Keiffer sang his ass off. During "Nobody's Fool" he just sang without a guitar until the solo came...a roadie threw a Les Paul Like 50ft and he caught, played the solo, tossed it back to the roadie and screamed into "I'm not your fool..." Never missed a note.

Comment

QUEENSRYCHE! It was the Empire or Promised Land tour. AWESOME! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

The Who - late nineties I think - Toronto. What can I say, it's the Who.

Megadeth/C.O.C. - Youthanasia Tour - Toronto - Maple Leaf Gardens - C.O.C didn't play long enough, but it was still a great show.

Testament/Savatage/Nuclear Assault - Late 80's - Toronto - Concert Hall - My first taste of Savatage. They blew Testament away hands down.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

1. Krisiun, Cryptopsy, Dimmu Borgir 2002. Nearly died on the way home (car spun out... stopped spinning a few feet from rail) but greatest show I have even been to. Simply amazing.

2. Cradle of Filth, Type O Negative 2004. Another wonderful show. Not much to say other than lots of stage theatrics by Cradle.

3. Sevendust 1999. I do not know what it is about these guys... I just really like their music and really enjoyed the show. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Queensryche - "Empire" tour. Yes they really were that good! Played the whole Mindcrime set in one pass - just plain awesome. Support band? Lynch Mob!

Dave Lee Roth - "A Li'l Ain't Enough" tour. This was the day after Iraq surrendered (First time round) Best party I ever got to go to! The guy was on fire that night. Support was Warrant, who I've always liked...

Bon Jovi - Donington "Monsters of Rock" 1988(?)
                      We went along to see all the other bands - WASP, Anthrax, Metallica, Helloween, Dio, figuring that BJ was a chicks band, and would suck. Wrongo - they were frickin' AMAZING!
                      (It really hurt, having to admit that to my peers!)

Comment

Damn this is a hard one for me...

#1 - Savatage at the Metro in Chicago, June 98.

#2 - Dream Theater and Spock's Beard at the Maritime Hall in San Francisco, 2000.

#3 - Black Sabbath and Drain STH at the Molson Centre in Montreal, August 98.

(as you can see, I travel around a lot)

Honorable mention to Live at The Orpheum in San Francisco in 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:

Testament/Savatage/Nuclear Assault - Late 80's - Toronto - Concert Hall - My first taste of Savatage. They blew Testament away hands down.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was at that same show too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Nuclear Assault was a band I figured I would never get to see, so that show was a gift.

Comment

#1 Clash of the Titans in San Antonio; Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, and Alice in Chains as the opener

#2; Iron Maiden's "No prayer for the Dying" tour with Anthrax as the opener

That's all I can think of. I've been to other shows, but none stand out like the above two right now...........

Comment

Originally posted by brett8388:
                              Motorhead - the Orgazmatron tour - saw them in a little club when the skinhead movement was big. There was a huge brawl and almost everyone got thrown out or arrested. I was 14 and this was my first concert.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Brett, do you remember what year that was? I saw Motorhead back in 86 when they opened for Alice Cooper at Maple Leaf Gar [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] dens in Toronto. I saw them again in 87 I think at the Concert Hall with Slayer and Overkill. It was the Slayer World Sacrifice tour in support of South of Heaven. I remember some kid climbed on the stage during Motorhead's set, and Lemmy doesn't like that. He put his snakeskin boot on the kid's forehead, and pushed him off the stage. Fucking classic Lemmy!
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X