Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever had Instrument/equip. stolen from gig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had Instrument/equip. stolen from gig?

Thought it would be interesting to know if anyone has had any music equipment stolen during a gig? And did you get it back??

Personally I've only had a guitar stand stolen, been lucky.

Re: Ever had Instrument/equip. stolen from gig?

Same here, only cables. That can be an honest mistake, so I think of them more as lost than stolen. Someone has to realize they're ending up with extras though. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

In the 12 or so years I've played (out) in bands...I've never had so much as a pick stolen.

*knocking wood cuz I hear horror stories tho

Comment

I have played more than a few gigs in my life and have not had anything stolen. I basically keep an eye on my stuff like a guard dog, especially my guitars. After the gig, we always leave one guy watching the pile of gear as the rest of us cart it out.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

A friend of mine in another band once after a soundcheck went to get something to eat with his other bandmates, leaving his guitars on the stage behind his stack....came back to find one of his guitars had been stolen! Think it was a Paul Reed Smith....the owner and soundman saw nothing. Only 3 other people were in the club drinking at the bar when they left. He never got it back.

Never Never leave your instrument folks without a guard dog! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

i had a fairly expensive tuner stolen. by a band that had like $15,000 worth of boogie gear to boot! those bastids!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

In the early 90's I had an RG550 stolen after a gig. I wasn't making a whole lot of money then and it was my main Axe in a working band, so that especially hurt.

Matt

Comment

In the 90's, the band I was in had our studio broken into, and they stole everything but the drums, and my head case (holds 3 heads) and my 4X12 cases. They got about 15k worth of stuff, but at least no guitars were left there to steal.

Comment

Man, I hate hearing about people losing gear.

I've done lots of gigs and been really lucky so far, nothing stolen and nothing missing so far (touch LOTS of wood). Hopefully people round here are nice and will stay that way.

Comment

I'm just like Scott. I watch the stage like a maniac. Once we set up early in the afternoon for a night show. By 2pm we were done, the guys wanted to go get a bite to eat, shower, and rest before the 10pm start time. Fuck that, I sat in the bar watching the stage and eating a shitty hamburger from the grill for almost 8 hours. It's not really that bad when you get to stare at a cool rock stage with C/J's and cool amps everywhere! Never had anything taken from me.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Some rat-faced punkass lifted one of my Dunlop Jazz IIIs at a gig - he'd been eyeing my LP, so I was eyeing him. He made off with the pick, but had he touched the LP, he would have died on the spot.

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

For Rent:

You know...you have just set up the stage, have your rack/rig set up just right, your guitars are in tune and maintained to a razors edge and your valuable guitars are nestled into their stands quietly waiting to be picked up....but....you have been up for hours and are hungry, so hungry you could eat a skunks ass...and you don't want to leave your equipment unprotected, what to do [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

For a low hourly rate, you can rent super dog...guaranteed to lick offending would be thieves in their tracks! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Don't you think your gear deserves this level of insurance [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Will you eat at Arby's and actually enjoy your meal knowing that she is on duty [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] My bet is you will [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for saliva damage (slobber) or pawprints on said expensive guitars. Renter is responsible for 1st Class airfare from NC to gig, and back (no exceptions).

Contact LPC industries today to get your low quote [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

At a gig in 1985, I was really tired after the show. I left my Marshall stack with the rest of the guys, and went home to crash. (they stayed really late, and took all our stuff back to our rehearsal place) Anyway, the next day, they told me that they had caught some asshole with one of my Marshall cabs, rolling it across the street to load into a truck and steal. Fortunately, they got it back, and I didn't lose anything.
                          Dana <~~~
                          '85 Rhoads Custom
                          '86 SD Str*t
                          '86 Model 4 (5)
                          '87 Model 1
                          '87 Model 6
                          '88 Model 3DR
                          '90 650 XL
                          '94 KE-3
                          '97 DR Amberburst
                          '97 Dinky BOFlames
                          '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Did they kick his ass?
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had a guitar stand stolen once, but not from a gig...in fact I really don't know where it went to. I've been lucky, but I've seen some other people leave some nice stuff just layin around. See my bass player's dad used to let bands at my high school use his PA, and of course we'd stay after everyone else left to help break down and take the PA and lights back home. One time I found a small leather bag with a Morley Volume pedal, two Shure SM58s and one of those nice Boss tuners. I put it in the lost and found, I could never figure out why someone would leave around $300 worth of stuff laying around.

Comment

Working...
                              X