Software for MP3 conversion for MP3 players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software for MP3 conversion for MP3 players

Hey, just got my kid an MP3 player, and have many gigs of WAV files...

I have Soundforge, and the converts them quite nicely. But, it is time consuming (each song manually) and doesn't have the artist,CD,song title info on the WAVs.

What software are you guys that do this using?

Something that I can maybe take CDs, or WAV files and easily converts lots of them into MP3s and obtain the info maybe.

I have Nero as well, and am looking at this right now as to what it will do.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Software for MP3 conversion for MP3 players

I'm currently using a free and simple program called "Easy CD Ripper" downloaded from www.download.com:

http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.ht...per&tg=dl-2001

And it can take a whole audio CD and convert it all to MP3s.

I used to use "MusicMatch Jukebox" (www.musicmatch.com) to convert WAV files to MP3. I don't remember whether it converts more than one at once or not. I THINK it can... select a bunch of WAV files from a folder, choose a destination folder, and click "Convert" or whatever. It's also free.

As for me, with an MP3/CD player, I've got one extra step, and that is to burn all the MP3s onto a CD-R or CD-RW so that it can be played by the MP3/CD player, so I use "Easy CD Creator 5" to burn.

Comment

Does that program get the artist/CD/song information to display on the info display of the MP3 Player?

Thanks!

Comment

I don't remember offhand, since I usually rename MP3s manually myself so that they DON'T have any info except the song name. I don't even put the artist name since my burned CD is divided up into artist folders where I put the songs into.

Comment

Ahh, cool.

It came with "realone" player, that is that sort of program, but, I'd rather use a different player, I guess I have an aversion to Real player anything. I don't trust their motives when they "access" the internet for database stuff IE: song title etc...

Comment

Hmm, my Windows Media Player accesses the internet for song titles and other info when I pop in CDs. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

You can set whatever player you with to be the default player. I always set everything to Windows Media Player. Others use Winamp, or MusicMatch Jukebox, or RealPlayer to play their music. Find a music file, right click, go to "Open With", then "Choose Program", pick your desired program from the list, click on the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this type of file", and then hit "OK" to set it as the default.

Comment

I use a program called dBpowerAMP Music Converter.. click on all the .wav's you want converted, and it'll do them all. Very simple too, though it takes quite some time to convert, but I guess thats the case with all of them anyway.

Comment

Yeah, I use either the old Windows Media player 5 or Soundforge. I hate the new Windows Media Player 7+ as it has no save function for saving to your drive. So, I'm sorta screwed in the 5 year old Media player area that doesn't play new WMA etc... But, it saves stuff haha... Doesn't seek database stuff though either.

Comment

I also use dBpowerAMP, but it only takes me 8 seconds to convert a 4 minute song from wav to mp3. Anyway, it's a great little program.

Comment

I'll check that as well thanks guys!

On the Cnet site that NOTP mentioned (I usually get a lot of stuff there myself), I found "EZ CD-DA Extractor" that had high ratings and more usage time than the one he recommended, so I thought I'd try that and it is working very cool. At least to my MP3 player novice self, haha...

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! My boy sez you guys rock! I just did Devane's disk to MP3 for him, he likes them a lot.

Comment

I'm really tempted to buy a Devane CD myself. I guess I should contact Diablomozart. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Well, there are lots of programs that work equally well, so I'm not surprised you found something else. As long as it works easily, it shouldn't matter! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Looks like you got all your questions answered... that was pretty quick. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] You're welcome.

Comment

What you really need is AudioGrabber with the Fraunhofer Pro codec. Can't be beat.

If you want the same interface as AudioGrabber but with the fastest codec available, get AudioCatalyst with the Xing codec.

This of course is assuming you run Windows. If not, can't help ya.

Comment

Musicmatch will convert WAV to MP3. If you want to convert any other format (CDA, WMA, etc) to Mp3 you have to get the Platinum version. I only have the basic version the came loaded on my PC.

Also, Musicmatch will allow you to edit the ID3 tags manually and will also allow you to search the internet to have them updated automtically.

Comment

Wow, a lot to examine now... Thanx!!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X