Whats wrong with chrome?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong with chrome?!?

I've noticed a lot of people complain about the chrome hardware on some of the imports.

I guess I must be showing my age, but I remember when chrome was cool.. I mean, we had it on our hotrods.. I've got TONS on my Motorcycle..

I like chrome hardware on dark guitars, and black on light ones.. it's a contrast thing to me.

I assume I'm in the minority.

I especially like chrome on the HotRod DK2, nuthin says "HotRod" more than black,chrome and flames.

Re: Whats wrong with chrome?!?

I agree [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

hmm.. Im one of those pople that doesn't like chrome hardware on guitars.. well, there are some guitars/colors that look good with chrome.

If I buy a guitar I want black hardware (or gold). I just think it looks better.. aw well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

btw, chrome isn't that bad. Those "cosmo black" hardware you find on the newer BC Rich imports and Ibanezs.. thát is the worst, ugliest hardware color ever. it looks so cheap.

That brushed/matt chrome you find on some Jackson imports is also very ugly imo. Looks like some sort of plastic..

anyway everybody likes different things [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i think Chrome often looks cheap...i love the new titanium colored hardware though !
          i haaate gold hardware...looks like a pimpguitar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I like Black on shredders and Chrome on Artist style guitars, such as the Sweetones and Gibson ES-335`s and such. Jack.

Comment

chrome looks great on the HRF imo...
              [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I like Chrome and Gold... Black hardware is just boring to me [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

It all depends on the guitar, imho. Some look better with chrome, some with gold and some with black.

Comment

I only like gold hardware on white guitars.. that rules [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Gold looks good on gibsons red fiebird.

Comment

Gold looks good on gibsons red firebird.

Comment

I used to love chrome on dark colored guitars... but I got tired of it...now I think it makes it look cheap.I think it looks great on a red guitar though. Now ive swayed to the monochromatic black on my dark guitars...and Gold is a little to bling bling for me.

-my 2 cents

Comment

btw... Im suprised that no one makes red or blue ano'ed hardware... Imagine that. and Blue steel colored hardware would be really sweet.

heheh a metallic red floyd on a red guitar. I don't know if Id like it or not. or maybe a red floyd on a black guitar with red knobs and chrome rings. ...the possibilites are endless [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Kahler used to market their higher end tremolos in colors like red, white and blue. I never seen one in person, I bet they would get some money now.

I personally prefer chrome. It wears better. Nickel plated Floyds would be cool too, but I doubt anyone else would like them.

Comment

Working...
                              X