Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got back from the local car audio place...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from the local car audio place...

Some of the stuff should be illegal. We had to have the system switched from the Xterra to the new Dodge....I almost pissed my pants when I heard how loud it was in there. We had 2 JL 10's and the box mounted behind the seats and the amp put under the seats along with switching the factory CD player to the Clarion MP3 player we had. It just floors me how expensive some of the stuff can be. But...it sounds good....its just amazing how switching the door and dash speakers to JL's and just installing the CD player and speakers could be. It was a 3000 system, and costs us around 1200 to switch it all out. Could have been worse...saw an amp there for over 6000 and 1 speaker for 1500...insane....

Mrs LPC [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Just got back from the local car audio place...

JL W6'S and Infinity Kappa's are all I use. Do not settle for anything else.

[ April 10, 2004, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Drsracing ]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Dont know what kinda JLs are in there...when I worked there the 6's were a hott thing....now his big pusher is the Kicker Solo Baric...that is the one that is 1500 and weighs over 100 lbs

Comment

No matter how much money you dump into a car stereo it's still just a stereo in a car. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree...thats why I have factory in my car...

Mrs LPC [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I worked with a guy that spoke of nothing all day excwpt speakers and bass and amps and all that hoopdee shit - made me fuckin nauseous.
            I saw this new hunting/fishing store one day called "Buck and Bass" (fish, not low-end) and I told the guy it was "Buck and Bass (low-end)" - stereos on one side and huntin crap on the other -and he drove all the way there to check it out [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            He said he asked them where the stereos were, and they said "Huh?" and he says, well the sign says "Buck and Bass (low end)" right? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I know I've become an old bastard when my instinctual response to this thread is "hey, aren't you supposed to be paying attention to the road???"... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X