Saw Sevendust tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Sevendust tonight

Just came back from the Sevendust show tonight here in NJ... new club less than 10 minutes from my house! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I missed the first couple opening bands and got there right before Cold went on. Cold were okay, even did a cool cover of AIC's Junkhead and dedicated it to Layne Staley and Kurt Cobain [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] I think they might have done an old Nirvana song before that, but I'm not sure. Their singer was freakin' me out because he had on a striped Freddy Kruger-type shirt and looked like the pale kid from the movie Powder, except he wore a baseball hat to cover his bald head. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Sevendust then went on and were awesome!! I saw them twice before, but they were even better this time, and Lajon's voice was awesome. If you get a chance to see them, do so. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] My ears are still ringing a little bit, too.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Saw Sevendust tonight

sevendust is a very good live band! they kicked ass when they came here. cool bunch of guys, too. me and my buddy got the tickets from the radio and it included the tickets plus getting to meet the band before the gig and backstage access after the gig. we didn't do the backstage thing cuz we both had to be at work/school the next day. but, none the less, a very good live band!

kevin
    the trend is dead r.i.p. dime

Comment

Is Terry Balsamo still with Cold? Sounds like it was a great show!

Comment

I don't know who Terry Balsamo is. I've never really been into Cold, but they were pretty good. There were two guitar players... one with shorter black hair, he wore a fishnet shirt and had quite a few tattoos, played some black guitar with a weird headstock, he was on the left side of the stage and I was more over to the right and couldn't see him all that well. The guy on the right had shoulder length brown hair and had some kind of reddish/brownish Les Paul looking guitar.

The Sevendust guys played their Epiphones; John Connolly had his signature flame LP model with maple board, an amber colored LP, and a black Explorer, Hornsby had an LP bass, Lowery had a couple PRS models.

Comment

aww man! They were here a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to go, but I couldn't swing it. They pulled out of their last Aussie tour because of Lajon's father's death, but I probably wouldn't have gone then anyway because they only had the opening slot for Creed. So I was looking forward to them coming back to headline.

Ah well, I'll just have to catch them next time. Just like when I missed SRV & Living Colour....... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
            Is Terry Balsamo still with Cold? Sounds like it was a great show!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was flipping through a Circus magazine at the store and I think he's the new guitarist for Evanescence. Amy was pretty up about it, and glad that Ben's gone too! She basically said no way he's ever coming back, since he did his best to fuck them up in mid-tour.

It was kinda funny when she said John LeCompt had to learn "the lead guitar parts" to finish the tour! I thought THAT had to take all of 15 minutes!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

New guitarist for Evanescence?? I hope that is not permanent...

Comment

I'm pretty sure its permanent man..

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                  aww man! They were here a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to go, but I couldn't swing it. They pulled out of their last Aussie tour because of Lajon's father's death, but I probably wouldn't have gone then anyway because they only had the opening slot for Creed. So I was looking forward to them coming back to headline.

Ah well, I'll just have to catch them next time. Just like when I missed SRV & Living Colour....... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, Lajon mentioned they just came back from Australia and it was good to be back in the states. You gotta check them out next time they come back.

Comment

We were going to go also, but neither of us could drag our sorry and tired butts out to get there.
                    We saw them back when they played the Birch Hill for the first time, and they kept blowing the power out with their wild light show.
                    We wound up hanging out with them outside their busses after they canceled the rest of the set only 4 songs in. They were kinda pissed, but seemed glad that people weren't pissed at them for canceling the rest of the show.

Very cool guys. Haven't seen them since though.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX7:
                      We were going to go also, but neither of us could drag our sorry and tired butts out to get there.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL I really didn't want to go either! I was tired and my low back was bothering me, my cousin and her husband called me at like 7:00 to say they were going and knew I was close by, so I wound up meeting them there at 9:00. I was home by 12:30. I'm kind of glad I went, because they rocked! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Toejam and WarriorX7, is it just me or were you two also pissed off when they closed down the birch hill?

Comment

:chugga chugga, chugga chugga chugga SQUEAL chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga, chugga SQEAL!::

Comment

Originally posted by ARSENIC THREAT:
                            Toejam and WarriorX7, is it just me or were you two also pissed off when they closed down the birch hill?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I was a little pissed, but they were going down the shitter anyway, lost their liquor license and there was all sorts of problems. Club Bene (now Club Krome) also lost their liquor license and kinda sucks now, too. It seems the new Starland Ballroom (which is where I was at last night) is getting all of the bands that used to play Birch Hill. Plus it's about 15 minutes closer to my house anyway, so I'm happier. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yeah, I did see Jack Frost at the show last night, too, and said hi to him. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X