Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have you guys ever met someone rich as hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you guys ever met someone rich as hell?

i used to be friends with this kid richard and he was just your average kid... you couldnt tell at all how rich his family is

but his father started a very big business, that you might have heard of, and actually has almost limitless money

and the guy drives a chevy, wears t-shirts and jeans, and looks like the chinese unabomber... and his house is not even that big either... and his wife is ugly... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    but hes one of the richest people in the world

i dont get how people live like that if they have so much money. i mean this guy can literally afford anything in the world

Re: have you guys ever met someone rich as hell?

Generally rich people don't get rich by wasting money. It's usually only after the family's BEEN rich for a couple of generations that they start to spend a lot.

If he's happy living a simple life, what's wrong with that? You said he looked like the Chinese Unabomber; if he's Asian he may figure that money's for his children and descendants. Asian cultures tend to value the family more than the individual, and he may not want to waste his grandchildren's inheritance
    when he's content with a Chevy, jeans and t-shirts. He probably doesn't think his wife's ugly either and appreciates her attributes as a partner. Nothing at all
    wrong with that.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

is Mark Cuban rich enough for you? I worked for him at broadcast.com before he sold to Yahoo! He now owns the Dallas Mavs, the guy is nice as hell and really just a regular guy, no big head that I can tell.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I met Donald Trump a few years ago in NY, cool guy.

I sort of know Ahmet Ertegun, Founder of Atlantic Records, chilled on his yacht in Turkey with Kid Rock a couple of summers ago.

I have a few friends that are incredibly rich.. one is an arab guy I know from Bahrain, who also happens to be in Boston now. Owns a huge house and 6 cars (recently bought an SL500)... and thats just him, his 2 sisters and brother all have their good share of toys too. If we go out to a club or where ever, he'll order $500 bottles of champagne over and over... its crazy. His wealth is definitely in the $100millions.

The way I see it is, once you have money, you realize it can't buy happiness, and you start to care about stuff that you really value in life, everything else just becomes a bonus.

Comment

Nah, all I know are the poor people that the rich have trampled on to achieve their wealth [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

you dont understand... when i mean rich... i mean CRAZY rich

this guys networth is more than donald trump's

well i guess whatever floats your boat... as long as your happy

Comment

Um, once it gets into the billions - it's all pretty relative isn't it? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

1 Billion, 2 Billion, 3 Billion ----- Floor! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

> Maybe 5 years ago,a friend invited me to an Amway function. One of the speakers that night was Dexter Yeager,founder of Amway. Practically everyone there is in nice business attire,or even formal wear. Dexter walks out in a Fila running suit,talks for a few minutes,and walks off stage. In a brief conversation with him later,I asked him point blank what it was like to NEVER have to worry about money again. He put it to me like this. "Imagine what it would be like for you,to go to bed whenever your body said it needed to,wake up whatever time you felt like it,eat exactly what you want instead of what you can afford,wear whatever you want,drive whatever you want,and multiply that times 5 in my case,because that gives me the time to really take part in my wifes and 4 kids lives. That is what it's like." Good answer,I thought. If I am correct,he is the single largest volume land owner in America,with a combined 3.7 million acres in North and South Carolina,actually owning more land in both states than the state does. I've met several normal millionaires,but he is probably the richest man I've ever met,and until a few years ago.regularly made the Forbes list. Sam Walton,the Wal-Mart founder,if still alive today,would double what Bill Gates has,which is still about 1/10 of the fortune that John D. Rockefeller accumulated,an amount that would be within spitting distance of a trillion dollars in todays money. After all,he was a billionaire back during the Great Depression,and spent the last 2 full years of his life literally giving it away. Tommy D.
                  "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Well, my sister married a regular millionaire. So my brother in law is the richest guy I know well.

A friend of mine started to date this girl up in Chicago last year. Her father has the money. He owns a consruction company, has the huge yacht that is fully staffed year-round, goes on vacations all the time. But the best part is, he leases his car, however he owns the leasing company that leased him his car. What the fuck?

Comment

Double post
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stsk:
                        you dont understand... when i mean rich... i mean CRAZY rich

this guys networth is more than donald trump's

well i guess whatever floats your boat... as long as your happy
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Er... Donald Trump is ass-deep in debt and trying to reorganize it right now. If everyone he owes called him right now,
                        he'd be screwed.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

A reality TV show might offer him a butt-load of money to cut his hair.

Comment

My wife's sister married a Montreal Expo pitcher (now retired)...he's not filthy rich, but he is well off. He served up one of McGwire's 70 hr's in the record year. My parents have an old friend, a marketing exec , he is worth 30 - 40 million. It is very unfortunate in a way, they were not able to enjoy it maybe as they should. Their family had seemingly neverending problems. We used to play with their kids when we were young and knew them well. The younger daughter ran away as a teen and had problems for years, and the son was a suicide (shotgun). Being rich did not cause that, it was just an unfortunate fate.

Comment

I am part owner of a high tech company, and the chairman is Terry Mathews. He has about $4 Billion, probobly more, that just what people know of. He is down to earth, and friendly. I do alot of R&D claims for local companies, and all the millionaires that own these high tech companies think very highly of themselves and are generally assholes. So, I guess once you become a billionaire, you lose your assholish nature, and become normal again..........

Comment

Working...
                              X