Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camel Spiders

Two words: HOLY SHIT!

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Re: Camel Spiders

imagine waking up with that next to ya. just another reason we should pull all troops out of that war.........and nuke the shit outta the whole area.

Comment

Oh HELL NO. One thing I can't stand is BIG bugs. Is that dude holding them? I'm getting the heebie jeebies just looking at that pic. I would put a .223 in each one of them things and go about my business.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

stuka, have you seen 8 legged freaks yet? that pic reminds me of that movie

Comment

Fukk THAT! I'm severely arachnophobic: YES I'm being serious! I'd fuckin' wet myself and have a coronary if I saw that without the warning YAO gave. Where'd you find that pic? I want to know what the hell those things are. I always thought the bird spider was supposed to be the biggest at 10"+ diameter but these look bigger and nastier. I'm gonna have nightmares fer sure [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] In the infamous words of LinaV... "Eek! Bugz!!" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ohhhh man, next year at university is gonna be rough... I've got an Entimology class AND an Invertebrate Zoology class... and the labs will probably involve dissecting spiders and whatnot. I'll use it as a good way to get over my wussy little fear. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think I saw one of those on a guys face once. Something popped out of his stomach later and ate a spaceship crew. Shitty times.

How big are they? Its hard to tell from the photo how closeup they are. In the spirit of David Suzuki and respect for the biosphere, I think we should round all of them up and burn them so the species is wiped out. Because that would make me happy. I hate spiders. I especially hate spiders big enough to be walked on a leash. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

Fun with photoshop? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

DAMN! Those are some bigass spiders! I wonder if they're venomous, but they're big enough to give a nasty bite anyway!

Eight-legged Freaks was hilarious!! Hokey as hell, but it was the perfect parody of the big-bug movies of the 50s!
                  [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Urban legends about the camel spider (properly termed a solpugid or solifugid) are as old as the proverbial hills, but they made a huge resurgence when vectored by American troops in Kuwait during Desert Storm. They're not quite as big as your hand (unless you're a five-year-old), and very shy and secretive. They do like to hide in the shadows, and they do run very, very quickly for a critter (they can reach about 10 MPH, the fastest known non-flying arthropod). They make no noise whatsoever, they have no venom whatsoever, and they do not eat flesh--they eat small desert arthropods like crickets and pillbugs. The rumors of their attacking camels, or crawling onto sleeping GIs' faces, apparently stem from one of two things, both of which may be true to some extent: (1) they may use hair to line their burrow when they are about to lay a batch of eggs, said hair being clipped from dead camels or other dead mammals (and a sleeping GI is not much different), and/or (2) dead camels are covered with flies, and crawling over a camel corpse may make for a convenient way to get a good meal of flies. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That info was from here...

Camel Spiders

Comment

they're probably more worried about the black widow spiders out there.. I saw plenty when I lived in Bahrain, as well as scorpions.

Comment

Man, that's frickin disgusting.... I can kill snakes, rats, opossums, whatever.... But when it comes to spiders, I am calling my wife. [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Comment

FUCK I SHOULD NOT HAVE COME INTO THIS THREAD [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ! I'm such a pussy when it comes to large spiders! Bugs ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THAT FUCKING BIG! Fuck now I won't be able to sleep... Seriously... Fuck.... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

And that comment about waking up with one next to you did NOT make things any better.
                            Just a tip if you plan to make alot of these threads, please write a warning in the thread title.

Oh well, I'll just play guitar 'till the morning [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

hehehe...........check it out.....

http://www.ecologicproductions.com/v...CK_spider.html
                              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                              X