X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condoleezza Rice Testimony

I watched the whole thing.
    I thought she came off rather well.
    I'm not a huge Bush fan, but I HATE Kerry.
    I guess that might have something to do with my opinion.
    I laughed my as off at the Bob Kerrey exchange.
    Your opinions please.

Re: Condoleezza Rice Testimony

You mean John F. Kerry? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I didn't see the testimony, but I've seen
    a number of interviews with her, and it's no surprise she'd acquit herself well. She's probably one of the smartest people
    in the Bush Administration, and I'm sure
    she did fine.

Did they get her to say anything at all damaging for Dubya?

Yeah, Bush has many flaws, but compared to Kerry he's the best choice by far. We
    don't need the American Gigolo as President!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I thought Rice did extremely well this morning. She refused to let the Democratic members of the panel ask rhetorical questions without commenting on whatever point of view it was they were trying to ram through without comment. I don't think she said anything even remotely damaging to the current administration & the exchange with Bob Kerry *was* priceless. She came across well because she wasn't blatantly in political attack mode though the right-wing members of the panel threw her enough softballs that it wasn't really necessary for her to be.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
        We don't need the American Gigolo as President!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Already had him... His eight years were up about four years ago. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Heck, Clinton's small fry compared to Kerry; he married a half a BILLION dollars' worth of catsup. Hillary never made more than about $250,000 a year.

Since a gigolo is one who does it for the money, Kerry is way past Clinton in the gigolo world. If you mean just getting laid, though, Clinton banged Miss America
          so he wins! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I guess you're right, I really wasn't thinking about it in that sense... but hey, if a filthy rich woman wanted to marry you, would you honesly turn her down??
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
              I guess you're right, I really wasn't thinking about it in that sense... but hey, if a filthy rich woman wanted to marry you, would you honesly turn her down??
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NOPE

Comment

I think Condoleezza did a fabulous job. I gained a lot of respect for her in the way she handled the questions and remained calm and collective, a big contrast to all the photos of it with the bitchy look on her face [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] She had more intellect that everyone in that room if ya ask me...
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Condoleezza?

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. Almost every channel carried it waiting for some big evidence that Bush could have stopped 9/11.

There were 3 acts of war against the US during the Clinton Cigar years, and he did nothing. Now it' all Bush's fault.

Bush just can't win no matter what he does. He saw threats early in his term, and wanted to do something about it. Remember Missile Defense ? He got raked across the coals for wanting to do something pre-emptive, and then again for being pre-emptive in Iraq. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear:
                      The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. Almost every channel carried it waiting for some big evidence that Bush could have stopped 9/11.

There were 3 acts of war against the US during the Clinton Cigar years, and he did nothing. Now it' all Bush's fault.

Bush just can't win no matter what he does. He saw threats early in his term, and wanted to do something about it. Remember Missile Defense ? He got raked across the coals for wanting to do something pre-emptive, and then again for being pre-emptive in Iraq. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Matt
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good points, Matt ! My sentiments exactly !

Comment

I mean really.... Do you all realize the loss of life would be around 30,000-50,000 if the first World Trade Center attacks were successful ? So we did nothing over a simple miscalculation.

Matt

[Edited to keep RacerX's posts down]

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Oh! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay, so I'm a Brit and I know as much about US politicians as most of you know about ours, so I'm not able to make any cogent political observations. However, I do have this one question - What kind of name is Condoleezza???

Comment

Working...
                              X