No Jerry, yes BRMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Jerry, yes BRMC

OK, I got an offer today to pick up on the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club tour, starting in Chicago in a few days. I am packing my bags now and should get on a plane tomorrow night. Tourdates are here. I've never met, or even heard of this band before, but they are letting their tech go, and I got the call. I don't know these guys, so don't ask me for backstage passes or anything yet!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As for Jerry Cantrell, he was offereing more but this is a sure thing.

Re: No Jerry, yes BRMC

Can't argue with that.

Comment

Hey man that's cool...I dig BMRC. If they come thru here I'll be sure to go.

Comment

congrats, Ace!! I'm not a fan of BRMC, but it looks like a plum gig. Nice work!
        Hail yesterday

Comment

let me know if you come through boston [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats Ace!

BMRC's OK. To me they sound more or less like leftover grunge trying a little too hard to inject a Beatle's vibe. I'd guess that they'd have a lot more energy live than they do on the self-titled album that I heard. The producer on that one went for layers and it sounds like he might have sucked the life out of them in the process.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

hey that is awesome. I am a a big fan. I am so out of it that I didn't know they're coming to Chicago this weekend, though. I'm traveling anyway...good luck.

They have a huge sound on record...the dude always lays 2 tracks and pans 1 100% left and the other 100% right. Tell us how they sound live.

Comment

Hey Ace I can make it to the Seattle show on the 27th, I've never heard of BRMC but the Showbox is a kick ass little club to see a show.
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Good job, Ace! Are you doing the UK gigs with them too? Make sure your passport's
                  current! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Congrats Ace! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] It sounds like you made the right decision. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

If you have some free time in Chicago, give me a call, I'm 6 blocks away from The Vic.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

I wonder why the previous guy got "axed"?

Ba dump pssshhhh! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Actually, I'm not asking why the last guy left, I want to stay out of that scene and start fresh. I'm dropping off the tour before the England dates, I just sent in my passport to be renewed, and it should arrive here by the time we'd leave, but I want to stick with the Chelsea Smiles. I'm doing this gig for the money, the Chelsea Smiles are my main band still. I was talking to Todd, the guy from the Smiles and ex-Danzig, and Joey from Queens of the Stone Age at te rehersal room and they were telling me what to expect with the band. It sounds like it should be challenging, but I am up to it. God, I feel look Doogie Freakin' Howser typing away in my journal!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                            If you have some free time in Chicago, give me a call, I'm 6 blocks away from The Vic.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm meeting them in Chicago so I will have to spend all my time learning the routine, meeting the guys, learning their guitars, making sleeping arrangements on the bus, so on and so forth. I should be back through on the Lollapalooza tours and it would be with the Chelsea Smiles working on day at the Lollapalooza and one night either off or doing local gigs. That's the tour I am looking forward to. That would also probably be the best tour for me to hang out on. However, if you guys do come to the BRMC shows, don't be afraid of saying hello!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                              I wonder why the previous guy got "axed"?

Ba dump pssshhhh! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Could be many reasons, but there are a lot of "techs" who are really string and battery changers, and when something really needs fixed they can't do it.
                              That is a good reason to ax the old tech.
                              Ace, you're wise not to ask. As long as you get paid for your job, that's what counts. I'm sure you're tougher than this band is anyway, so kick ass!
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X