Sabbath question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabbath question...

OK who else thinks that Ozzy/Sharon should piss off and Sabbath should go out on tour with Dio singing!! Think of all the amazing music they made together!!

Children of the Sea
    Neon Knights
    Mob Rules

The list is LONG...
    I'm sick of hearing Iron Man and Paranoid, there is so much more that band has to be proud of!!

Re: Sabbath question...

Dio's cool, but I say bring back Ian Gillan! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've seen Sabbath quite a few times, and the best was when Dio was singing... The worst had Ozzy singing.

So, I'm with you, Dio it is. I've been bored with Dio's solo stuff as of recent. Magicka sorta sucked ass... But, it was even pretty good live when Goldie toured with them. Aldrich was a great player, but didn't have the Dio feel, IMO...

Man, Dio with Sabbath? I'd be the first in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No... you're the Last In Line! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Joe, you are a sick, sick man. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Cleveland Metal:
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No... you're the Last In Line! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was thinkin' it but I wasn't gonna go there:p

Comment

Hey, I always liked Ian. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Though, I would prefer if they'd bring back Ray Gillen, but he's dead. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Sabbath never sounded better in the studio than they did with Dio but I'm more than a little burnt on Dio's lyrical style (though his vocals are still exceptional). Personally I'd like to see them record with Glen Hughes again.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I saw Dio on the Mob Rules tour...(81)

Turn Up the Night, Sign of the Southern Cross...

When he sang Neon Nights at that show and just nailed it it was a f**king religious experience

Saw Dio last year...still sounded good, but the band was kinda stiff, no personality...Goldie was workmanlike but his style is not very distinctive.

Only time I saw Ozzy was the Bark at the Moon tour. They were good but Ratt opened and frankly they were the better live band, hungrier, more attitude. And a shitload of Jacksons! I didn't even like Ratt but there was no getting around it, they put on a better show. Ozzy was passible, no more than that.

I would definitley be there for another Sabbath/Dio show. That is never going to happen. There is no one left in the music business that will work with Dio. I think that ruined his career. Holy Diver was so good. Last in Line was 1/2 as good...all downhill from there. What a waste.

Comment

hell i like Ian too, MOF,i just got a dvd today that had 2 sabbath tunes live with Ian and 5 Dio tunes live from a pre holy diver tour thing.........but I'd have to say Sabbath with Dio for sure [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] , cause the Iron man is rusted and they have drugs that make you Un-parinoid now [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES! Born again,again! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Awesome album,I don't care what anyone says that dude can sing his ass off..........but truth be told my favorite singer for Sabbath has always been Dio,never liked Ozzy much until he went solo.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">YES! Born again,again! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How about Zero The Born Again Hero?!? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The Mob Rules tour was my first-ever concert back in '82, and probably what inspired me to start playing. Dio/Iommi/Butler was such a good team--it's too bad that they have such personality conflicts.

Truth be told, I don't give a shit who's on vocals--as long as it's Tony Iommi on stage, I'll be there. He is the real Metal God, as far as I'm concerned, and always will be.

Dio is pretty amazing--just try and name another 60+ year old singer whose voice is still 80-90% of what it was in his heyday. Sure ain't Ian Gillan! I thought he was great back in the day, but have you heard him lately? There's no way in hell he could sing his Sabbath stuff now. And yes, Born Again is a great album! Way ahead of its time, which is probably why it didn't sell all that well, since 1983 was the peak season for the pouffy hair, big smiles and spandex--not a great time to be screaming your balls off in some cacophonous dirge about "disturbing the priest"!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW, the problem with a Dio reunion is that they tried it in 1992, and it lasted only about a year and resulted in one highly underrated album that didn't sell well. Oh, and it also resulted in some apparently permanent hard feelings between Dio and Iommi, for whatever reason. Don't think that one's going to happen again.

Comment

Which singer did "time Machine"

the song that was on teh WAyne's World Soundtrack. that guy was cool. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X