Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else seen this Ozzy/Randy story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else seen this Ozzy/Randy story?

Blabbermouth

Re: Anybody else seen this Ozzy/Randy story?

Click the link for the interview. It's a great read!
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Interesting. Sharon is her father's daughter in every sense of the word; You cannot live in that sort of enviroment and not adopt the same attitude. I'd be more inclined to say Sharon punched and threatened Randy, since Oz was far too stoned to know the difference between success and failure, but Sharon knew it would mean the end of Ozzy, because Randy could've had any band in the world as his own - even going into Classical - and he'd take HIS fans (the majority of those who bought Blizzard and Diary) with him.
      When Ozzy left Sabbath, everyone said it was the dumbest thing he could have done, because he was nothing without Sabbath. Had he settled with an "ok" guitarist, Blizzard and Diary would not have sold 20,000 each, because Sabbath would have been on top with Dio, and Ozzy would have been labelled as a Sabbath-wannbe.

I was a kid in school when Ozzy left Sabbath, and I was a huge Sabbath fan. I remember talking with some friends about it at school, and I said then that it was stupid for Ozzy to leave. I didn't even listen to Blizzard for almost a year after it came out, because I knew it was going to be a weak ripoff of Sabbath. Then a friend of mine played the album for me. I hadn't started playing guitar then, so I didn't care for Randy's playing - I liked Iommi better, and I said "Ehh, it's not as good as Black Sabbath" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But Sharon's the head of the Osbourne Empire, and Oz is the Court Jester. SHE keeps him doped up and has for years because it keeps his mind off the money. Ozzy's no brain-trust in his own right, but he knows enough about money to watch it, if he's not wasted. So Sharon keeps him dazed while she stacks the Bennies.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ozzy punched him when Randy said he wanted to leave. Two weeks before Randy died, Ozzy punched him in the face, over breakfast
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Beware mr.Osbourne , a payback is coming [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

anyway i heard also ( somebody posted it @ harmony central forums ) that S.Osbourne said she slept with Randy [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] true ?
        sorry for off topic question

Comment

Here's my take:

If Randy put all this in a letter to Kevin "Big Mouth" DuBrow, it would've been all over the news as soon as Randy died. Who thinks Dubrow could keep his mouth shut about this?

As for Ozzy punching Randy, maybe he punched him for fucking his wife, if that story is true. If my friend fucked my wife, he would at least get punched in the nose.

Most likely it's all [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] spouted by this guy to get 15 minutes of fame.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

All I know is, I'm so sick and tired of hearing about those people that if I never ever heard anything having to do with Ozzy and co. for the rest of my life, not hearing Randy and Jake and everybody would be a small price to pay.

Comment

That interview has been around for quite awhile. Since Garni is repeating stuff he heard other people say (otherwise known as hearsay), I wouldn't take everything in the article as gospel, but I'm sure a lot of it is true.

Also, don't be deceived by the drooling old cripple that Ozzy has become now. Back in 1981, he was a drunk, but I think he had a bit more on the ball than you would think--and I'm sure he could be a perfect asshole, having been through the music industry wringer ever since the early days of Sabbath. Remember, he put the Blizzard of Ozz band together before Sharon was involved and already had the deal with Don Arden--so he was certainly prepared to deal with unsavory characters, wasn't he?

Interesting, I was also a much bigger Iommi fan during the Blizzard/Diary era. I probably realized shortly after I started playing that Randy was a more accomplished lead player, but I still maintain that Iommi is a far superior rhythm guitarist to Randy. Randy's double-tracking never achieved near the tightness that Iommi pulls off routinely. And in terms of riff creation, I don't think anyone (other than MAYBE Hetfield) has ever come close to Iommi for sheer creativity. And I probably responded to the rhythm playing more strongly back in those days, since that was all I could do myself at such an early stage in my own playing...

Comment

That's old news but still enlightening. Ozzy has been a prick to everyone he's worked with throughout his career, why would Randy be any different?

Screw Ozzy and his TV show.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                X