Silly question concerning a doubleneck guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly question concerning a doubleneck guitar

I've always wondered what's the use of the 12-string one, except for accoustic chord strumming. Can you play Pull the Plug or unleash the fury ala Yngwie with this guitar? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Silly question concerning a doubleneck guitar

it's for playing Hotel California and Stairway to Heaven on. That's pretty much it [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
      it's for playing Hotel California and Stairway to Heaven on. That's pretty much it [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wait Gary...let's not forget such other classics as "Song Remains The Same"...and "Hey Mr. Tamborine Man" [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Then what's the point of Dave Mustaine getting a doubleneck KV? Playing Take No Prisoner unplugged? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Actually Dave plays the main rhythm piece of Trust with the 12 string (distorted) and it has a thick layered feeling -- quite nice to be honest, rich and full.

Then he breaks into the slower tempo section with the 6 string side for definition.

Pretty cool.

D>

Comment

Most guitarists of the age to have Zep as an influence wanted a doubleneck at some point. I don't like the Gibsons though,
            because they're only 20 frets. I have a
            Rogue doubleneck with 24 frets on both necks. You may cringe at the name Rogue,
            but it's a decent Korean guitar, basically the same construction as my Hamer Stellar, i.e., PRS-looking. It's no PRS, but it looks, plays and sounds very good and cost me $350 with hsc!

Really, any song that has a mellow 12-string part and then goes to a cranked 6-string in the studio version is a prime
            candidate to be played live on a doubleneck. Only drag is the thing's HEAVY! Probably weighs 15-20 lbs. so you
            don't play it all night!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, economially doubleneck is really not a prime choice, unless you have the entire repertoire filled with track that has a 12-string part. I'd say another main point to get a doubleneck is the look.

Comment

Working...
              X