Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think black metal is cheesy?

http://www.diabolicalmasquerade.com

Black metal, rules. Anders Nystrom is a god. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

this little project of his has been around for awhile...but it is the epitome of kick ass shit. And I just had to iterate that for all of you.

Re: think black metal is cheesy?

Very underrated band. Great music. Death's Design is perfection as far as a horror movie sound track goes. I heard the movie got cancelled though... Swano's help with that album / soundtrack makes it completely killer. Its a bit weird at first (since the songs are broken up into 60 something tracks but its very cool to listen to. The earlier stuff is pretty killer too.

Comment

Yes, but I like it anyway.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

IMO Death's Design beats Swano's Crimson II. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

A "Five piece orchestra"? Sounds more like an ensemble to me. And yes, black metal is cheesy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace:
            And yes, black metal is cheesy.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, I like cheese. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I don't listen to a lot of black metal, just some Emperor and Dimmu Borgir here and there. But against bands like Carcass, Suffocation, and Death, black metal loses for me.

I feel like some Emperor right now, come to think of it.

Comment

5 piece orchestra can mean lots of thigns

it could be just a string quintet. Or an entire string orchestra...the 5 pertaining to the amount of instruments they used. (5 piece would most likely be Violin, Viola, Cello, String BAss, and piano or something like that)

any group of instrumentalists is considered an ensemble.

Death metal is just as cheesy as Black metal.

read the lyrics. The black metal guys just have more fun. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cheese [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I wouldn't say the black metal freaks necessarily have more fun than the death freaks. If it's metal, it's fun! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The funnest part of my day is the time I spend playing guitar and headbanging, be it my own music or a Morbid Angel cover. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I think he meant that a "5 piece orchestra" is kind of an oxymoron....when one usually thinks of an orchestra it usually WAY more than 5 players.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol:
                    I think he meant that a "5 piece orchestra" is kind of an oxymoron....when one usually thinks of an orchestra it usually WAY more than 5 players.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bingo. If 5 people make an orchestra, then Slipknot could change their name to the Iowa Philharmoinc. Death metal is only as cheesy as you make it. I know plenty of people who take their death metal seriously. I can't take black metal seriously at all, even the stuff I enjoy listening to.

Comment

A 5 piece Orchestra is a quintet, which is just a small ensemble. I suppose 5 piece could mean 5 different sections of instruments, but I've never heard it used that way before.

Ever since I purchased Opeth's Black Water Park I've taken Death Metal seriously. Before that I hated anything that sounded like it, be it death metal or black metal or whatever. Now, I'm a pretty serious death metal freak, though I'm still more of a Dream Theater, prog-metal kinda guy at heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X