car audio best value.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car audio best value.

well, I'm having my dad give me back my old Kicker ZR240 amplifier, I may put it in my current car. I need a new set of speakers..and a subwoofer enclosure as well. preferably a small...but loud as hell one. 8 inch or 10 inch woofers. What are the best bang (or thump) for the dollar?

I need really tight bass that will not get sloppy while I listen to the Derek Roddy double kick madness when my car stereo is turned to 11. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

300 bucks would probably be as much as I want to spend.

Re: car audio best value.

I have a set of MTX 8's under the back seat of my F150 that really give all the punch I need. They even come in a color coded enclosure that matches the interior of your ride. I can't remember what I paid but it was a good buy for the money spent. Hope that helps.

Comment

what are the specs for those? OHms..and watt RMS?

8's I think would be perfect. 2 or 3 of them. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If you want bass, go for at least a 10" sub.
        he only 8" I ever heard that produced good bass is a JL 8W6 and they don't make them anymore.
        How much power do you plan of giving this thing?
        How much room do you have for the enclosure?
        300 will buy alot of nice subs.
        If you have the room, an Image Dynamics ID MAX 10 dual 2 or an Adire Brahma 10 are the shit.
        An Adire Shiva 12 or an ID IDQ would also do nicely at a lower cost.

Comment

Working...
        X