Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Nickelback and all other "pop-music bands" suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Nickelback and all other "pop-music bands" suck!

A guy frequenting the Petrucci forum compiled and posted this clip.

The left track is their song "Someday".
    The right track is their song "How you remind me".

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/~bumble...%20Someday.mp3

Cookie cutter anyone? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Why Nickelback and all other "pop-music bands" suck!

That is too funny. I knew there was a reason why I didn't like those guys. Of course, I could probably do that with some of Yngwie's stuff. At least he shreds, though. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That's just bad, I even read an interview from them where the dude said he spent hours analyzing "This is how you remind me" and based every song on their new album after it because it was a hit.

Comment

I guess you have to find a formula that works and stick with it. Hell, even Poison's songs sounded different. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You can do that with a few Godsmack tunes if you cared to sit through all their material. Fans must get confused what album which tune is on as they all sound like they were recordede at the same time and often with the same riffs.

Comment

This is why I hate AC/DC, every fucking song is the same, and they get more radio play than Van Halen. pisses me off [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

It's not just "pop music" though. A lot of music sounds very repetitious and monotonous to different people. You can find it in Country, Rock, Blues, Hair Metal, Death Metal, Nu Metal and on and on and on (don't even get me started on Rap and Hip-hop [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). Another point to consider is when the same person is writing and playing the tunes, they will probably tend to have varying degrees of similarities in each song or at least each of the same style of song. I'm not saying this is the case with everybody nor am I saying that any of these bands are the greatest or anything, just trying to bring out another viewpoint. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Monk:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nickleback sucks forsure ! they use to open for some of my buddies bands back when they were indi , everyone hated em back then as well . they use to open for prog bands and shit in Vancouver . and the worst thing is that I hear em every day on the radio at work ! //Steve

Comment

Re: Why Nickelback and all other &quot;pop-music bands&quot; suck!

they may suck but they are doin what everyone here wants to do....get paid alot of $$ to play music. if i could have the lifestyle they have doin the same kinda thing i would. and you would too.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper45hd:
                      they may suck but they are doin what everyone here wants to do....get paid alot of $$ to play music. if i could have the lifestyle they have doin the same kinda thing i would. and you would too.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hers's the thing, I sell out in a heartbeat to do pop music for a couple of years. I could make my millions, and then use that money to never work again and create the music that I wanted to create. I'd even do the boy band thing if it made me enough money, quit after a while and relax. I could then spend the rest of my life doing nothing but playing my music. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Monk:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I noticed that a while ago with them recycling too much. It's dull and predictable, but they probably think it's a good way to make easy money with a minnimum amount of effort.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] See, songwriting's easy. Once you've written one, you've pretty much written all of them.

Comment

I'm guessing they suck because they are successful in the music business and your not.
                            We must!
                            We must!
                            We must increase the bust!
                            The bigger the better!
                            The tighter the sweater!
                            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1:
                              I'm guessing they suck because they are successful in the music business and your not.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X