I STAND CORRECTED - APOLOGIES TO JOE {CHARVEL750}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I STAND CORRECTED - APOLOGIES TO JOE {CHARVEL750}

Well, I made a MAJOR BOO-BOO earlier today...I FLEW OFF the handle at Joe {Charvel750} for what APPEARED to be a listing of a San Dimas Soloist that I had arranged for him to get that he received on Christmas Eve...It was brought to my attention that he had what APPEARED to be the SAME GUITAR listed on E-Bay just 72 HOURS after it's arrival for sale, and I BLEW A CORK...Well, while the guitar that is listed could ALMOST be an IDENTICAL TWIN to the one I had listed {Floyd nut instead of Kahler type, and a conversion to a Floyd from a stock Kahler, very similar color, etc.}...The BOTTOM LINE is that...

I was DEAD WRONG - It is a DIFFERENT GUITAR, and I TOTALLY APOLOGIZE to Joe RIGHT HERE {as WELL as feeling like an IMMENSE HORSE'S ASS !!!]

So, to ANYONE that I voiced my rant to on the guitar, but ESPECIALLY to JOE...

I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE you find it in yer heart to FORGIVE ME, Joe, and I HOPE that you can UNDERSTAND that I THOUGHT it was the SAME GUITAR !!!!!!!

TOTALLY MY BAD, JCFers. and ESPECIALLY to YOU, Joe !!!!!

Signed, a FOOT IN MOUTH Doc Dryer

Re: I STAND CORRECTED - APOLOGIES TO JOE {CHARVEL750}

Eh Doc,

Your a good guy ..don't let it get to you .. we all go off on occasion ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Apology accepted Doc! Dude, the SD I'm selling on eBay is PEPTO BISMAL HOT FLUORESCENT PINK, and the one you helped me take ownership of is FERRARI RED! I'd like to take this time to point out that Doc really helped me score a beauty, a genuine San Dimas Soloist from early 1985, it's J0499 (my pink one on eBay is J2190!). Doc helped me pay for it by placing me in touch with the seller and he even set it up and cleaned it and all that, then packed it like Ft. Knox and saw that it reached me before X-Mas. Here's the pics boyz:

It was originally Kahler equipped, but look at that pro Floyd install! One of the finest necks I've ever played too, rolled and smooth. Hey Doc, the JCF is gonna pitch in and getcha a new computer monitor, no more confusing PINK with RED! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Doc, we (and I think I can speak for the whole board on this one) feel that your apology rings a little hollow. I, for one, found your use of profanity quite offensive.

However, if you'd do something to show us (I'm speaking for the JCF again) how sorry you were...by say...changing your user name to "Horse's Ass" or "Foot In Mouth Doc Dryer"...all would be forgiven.

Cool?

Comment

It MUST be my MONITOR, or my OLD-ASSED EYES, 'cuz it STILL looks red in the auction, but I REALLY put the FU@K in "FU@K-UP" on THIS one, guys !!!!!!

Joe, I SHOULD have KNOWN better - as I said

TOTALLY MY BAD !!!!!!

I guess that seeing the conversion done so SIMILARLY made ME SEE RED, and I am TRULY SORRY !!!!!!

as a show of good faith, I have a KENWORTH of REAL CHARVEL STRATHEAD NECKS that have NEVER BEEN DRILLED on on their way to Florida [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

WHAT DID I JUST SAY ????? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

oh, yeah...THIS applies to ME !!!! [img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

PS...Brett, DON'T PUSH YER LUCK !!!!...or the NEXT 6/12 string doubleneck Soloist EITHER stays HERE, or goes to JOE !!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ December 27, 2002, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

NO DOC YOU SUCK ASS **** YOU !

nah j/k

your a cool guy doc. we all go nucking futz sometimes.

[ December 27, 2002, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Explorer77 ]

Comment

SH!T [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
              Joe I must apologise too , as I was backing Doc up 100% . We can all fly off when we think we are hard done by , no more so than myself.
              And Doc , the Board sees you as a Generous and Respected member

Mark
              Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Anyone of us would have reacted like you did Doc. What are the odds that 2 identical SD Soloists would be butchered in exactly the same way, AND loked identical in pictures, AND were owned by the same guy? Its a billion to one. No one here could tell the guitars were different. It looks like Joe got a new camera for Christmas because the pictures on this thread are great, but the auction pictures suck, either to cut down bandwidth or were taken by another camera. The guitars look the same, and no one here knew different except Joe, and anyone else who claims they knew they were different is lying like a rug..................Now if everyone can please follow Frank's advice and "Shut up and play yer guitar"...........

Comment

Well, actually they are VERY different guitars. If you notice the following on the eBay Soloist: placement of the "made in usa" is after the Jackson logo, on the Doc Soloist it's UNDER; the eBay Soloist is clearly stated that the color is PINK, Doc's is FERRARI RED; the binding does not cover the fret ends on the eBay Soloist, on Doc's they do; there are Jackson stock pickups in the eBay Soloist, Doc's are EMG's; the pickup switches are black on the eBay Soloist, Doc's are chrome; the trem route on the eBay Soloist allows for the replacement of the original Kahler trem, that is not a filled in black area under it, Doc's is a one time only mod, the route is totally filled in; the eBay Soloist does not have a string retainer bar, Doc's does; the eBay Soloist has a shaved truss rod cover, Doc's is normal; etc. Does anyone on this board really think that in the two days I had Doc's Soloist that I would have changed it out like that? The paint would still have been wet!!!

You guys should know that Floyd Rose conversions were quite common, and when done by professionals looked identical. Many players began discovering the huge advantages of Floyd Roses after they already had the ultimate guitar, I even have one other Soloist (green) with this same modification. Just wanted to clarify all that. I can only hope that those who were informed of my alleged actions are reading this thread, I fear that some may not be active JCF members, but oh well, I committed no injustice whatsoever.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

LOL...Well other than all those differences they are exactly the same! Too funny...

-Kyle

Comment

They are TOTALLY DIFFERENT GUITARS, and ONCE AGAIN, I TOTALLY APOLOGIZE to Joe {Charvel750} for OVER REACTING and BLOWING MY STACK !!!!...I HOPE that HE and the OTHER JCF Brothas UNDERSTAND that I saw the pics and LOOKED BEFORE I LEAPT...

TOTALLY MY BAD, and SORRY AGAIN, Joe and JCFers

Horse's Ass Doc

[ December 28, 2002, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Doc's a cool guy, for sure. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, Doc, did you ever get my email?

Comment

Yes, Word...BUT, the shop, it's phones and e-mail is CA-LOSED until Jan. 2nd - EVEN Santa's OLDEST elf needs a break from building guitars for ALL the good little girls and boys ! ! ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and JUST for the record, with a SIDE-BY-SIDE comparison of these 2 guitars, it is EVIDENT that they are different, but for WHAT it's worth, I think that MORE THAT ONE of ya would have had the EXACT SAME KNEE-JERK REACTION that I DID with the SAME Kahler to Floyd looking mod, and similar colors and models of a guitar !!!!

Comment

Good Idea, Doc, because a choice I just made earlier would have prevented me from even being able to buy it!!! I'll post pics when I get it!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X