Schecter C-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter C-1

I don't know what you guys think of Schecter guitars, but I have a pretty good idea of how I feel about them now... I recently sold my import Kelly and a custom shop KV-1 and figured that I would need to pick up another axe soon to keep a bit of variety in the old studio. I've been eyeing the Schecter C-1 Stealth that MF has been advertising. It has a tone pros bridge, Duncan '59 neck and distortion bridge, the whole neck and body are bound, and Grover tuners. The finish on the guitar is one of the best I've seen. This guitar is unbelivable (basing that on the $499 I paid for it). It is so solid and plays so well that it almost feels as good as my USA Jacksons. It's an import made in Korea, and I have yet to play another import that has the quality this guitar has (even Jackson imports, I've never been impressed with one). I think I may be looking at something USA Schecter in the near future unless Jackson starts producing a USA KV type guitar without the floyd rose. If you guys haven't played one yet you might want to, could be as surprised as I was (or you could hate it ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Re: Schecter C-1

I had a C7+ when they came out. It was extremely high quality. I felt the same as I did when I played the first Japan built Jackson Soloists. If that guitar was a 6 string, I would still have it.

Comment

I like the C1s. Cool guitars for an awesome price.

Comment

I also have a C7+. Schecter makes great guitars for the money.

Comment

C7+ here as well. Nice Players.
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

The fretjob on that C7+ was better than most any Gibson or Fender (standard factory) fretjob I have seen in a long time.

Comment

Well a little off subject [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] but I bought a old Schecter Saturn (tele) a while back and it is great [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I did discover one glitch in their system...their custom shop. I wanted them to quote me basically the same guitar (c-1 stealth) only neck thru, duncan JB & SH-4, sperzels and longer scale. They said, sure....that'll be $3750.00 plus any other changes you need to make over the production model (which was only $499). [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by kremit:
                  I did discover one glitch in their system...their custom shop. I wanted them to quote me basically the same guitar (c-1 stealth) only neck thru, duncan JB & SH-4, sperzels and longer scale. They said, sure....that'll be $3750.00 plus any other changes you need to make over the production model (which was only $499). [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ouch!

Comment

That price increas is probably due to the fact that the production model is made in Korea by Samick and the custom shop stuff is made in the US.
                    If you want neck through go for the C1 classic. Its a 5 ply maple and walnut neck with the same shape as the C1+. mohagony wins. and some fancy inlays work on the neck, with a real JB and a 59 in it not the duncan designed stuff.
                    Gil

Comment

Working...
                    X