Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Warmoth necks fit 80's Kramer bodies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Warmoth necks fit 80's Kramer bodies?

Do any of you know if Warmoth necks will fit on older 80's Kramer bodies? The measurement on Warmoth necks are: depth 5/8", length 3", width 2 3/16" - I like the older Kramer bodies and want to know if I'll be able to use Warmoth necks- If they don't fit naturally is there a way to make them fit? Neddi
    www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Re: Will Warmoth necks fit 80\'s Kramer bodies?

Can't you just order the necks to your specs and make it so they fit? I thought that was the beauty of Warmoth stuff.

Comment

Their necks are made for Fender replacements and I don't think they deviate from those specs- Neddi

Comment

Neddi's right, they will not deviate from their standards MOST of the time. I just picked up another Warmoth neck from the thrift shop and I asked the guy about that very thing (custom necks). He told me that they don't normally do it, but they MIGHT in the summer months. Apparently, that's when it slows down enough for them to build the custom stuff as the it would be built from scratch by hand. If they decide to build you a custom neck, you can expect to spend upwards of $350.

I'm pretty sure Kramer neck pockets are 2 3/16ths Neddi, so it should fit. Some of the experts may want to clarify this though... Greg?

[ March 01, 2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: khabibissell ]

Comment

The Kramers I have checked are 2 1/8" so the pocket would have to be slightly enlarged. A good luthier could do this. However, I haven't checked the heel depth, or contour. If you do this, you could have a good fitting neck though.

[ March 01, 2003, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: grandpa ]

Comment

Hey Neddi, yeah I believe Warmoth necks will work on the older Kramer bodies. I've got a late 80's model pointy head neck at the house and I've measured the neck heel and it was 2 3/16's. Came off of a Floyd Rose model guitar but it's the same neck that they used for most all the American series guitars of that time. Also, if you look at GMW's site where they sell just the bodies, they say this and I quote this directly from their site...... "and either a 21 or 22 fret, 25 1/2" scale neck with a 2 3/16" heel width. Any standard Charvel, Fender, Kramer, Warmoth, WD-Music, Stew-Mac, etc. neck will function properly with this body." So I would say that it would be safe to assume that they would work.

BTW Neddie, I started ordering some stuff from Warmoth to build my own axe's and I have to say that I was VERY impressed with what I received from them!! I know now why you went to building your own stuff now. I'll definately be doing business with them again!! Take care bro and hope this helps out!!:headbang

Comment

I had an old Kramer Striker neck that I put in a Warmoth Strat body. It fit perfectly.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Cool! I like the old Baretta bodies but hate the Kramer necks- Good call on the Warmoth stuff Stephan- Now you know why I rave about their stuff- Neddi

Comment

Neddi,

There's a website out there dedicated to Kramers. (Kramer Krazy or something like that). I'd check it out. I've heard that Kramer's went from a narrow to a larger neck heel, like Charvels, at some point so I don't think you can count on every body working. I bought one of my s-head Charvel necks on a Kramer USA body and the neck pocket was bigger than the heel of that neck. A pointy Charvel neck would have fit fine. They measure 2 1/8" at the heel. (Ironicly, I thought they were that width because that's what Fenders are...but apparently that's incorrect???)

Ross

Comment

Fenders were 2 1/8". I don't know when they changed though.

Comment

So, the Warmoth necks (direct Fender replacement - 2 3/16" heel) would be a perfect fit on a Charvel body that originally had a pointy neck, correct? I have a spare body that desparately needs a neck.

Ross

Comment

Working...
                      X