Unleashing the fookin fury soon... Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unleashing the fookin fury soon... Updated

OK, after playing a friend's Malmsteen Strat I was most impressed. Sooo, another round of G.A.S. later and I nabbed one off of the 'bay. Of course, now comes the "waiting for it to arrive" anxiety. Any JCF'ers out there have one and care to express opinions?
    Now if I could get my leather pants expanded a couple 'o sizes... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I knew I skipped out from work early for a good reason, it has arrived:

[ March 14, 2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Swillmaster ]

Re: Unleashing the fookin fury soon... Updated

I have one, mine is an 89, powder blue, with a maple fretboard. They are very nice guitars with a great Strat sound, (they don't distort like your typical shred machine).

Comment

I had one, was one of the older ones with the small strat head. it had very small frets. with the scallops this was not as big a deal. sold it to fund one of my drop tops [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

dave

Comment

I have the Maple vintage white. 2002 US model. It smokes and I play it more than any other. Took me about a month to really start diggin' on it. The neck pup is balls out great.

Comment

Yngwie strats are great, as are scalloped fingerboards. You'll notice that you're using less pressure to fret the strings (which will increase your speed) while playing it, and that notes will "pop" right out of the guitar... Nevermind the grip you'll have for vibrato and bends. Good choice, enjoy!

Comment

I have an 02 Vintage White and the HS3 pickups are very low output and pure. To get even a high gain amp to overdrive you need to use an overdrive pedal. I find that using an IBANEZ TS9 or a DOD YJM 308 really makes this guitar sing! Without an overdrive pedal the best my SLO 100 can coax from this guitar is a real dirty blues sound. It sounds the best to me through my 2555 Silver Jubilee with the pedals and the output master cranked. IMHO!

MAMA RIOTWATCH

[ February 28, 2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: riotwatch ]

Comment

I'm pretty stoked about getting it...been tempted to get a scalloped neck so this is just one step further.

Comment

Originally posted by Swillmaster:
                OK, after playing a friend's Malmsteen Strat I was most impressed. Sooo, another round of G.A.S. later and I nabbed one off of the 'bay. Of course, now comes the "waiting for it to arrive" anxiety. Any JCF'ers out there have one and care to express opinions?
                Now if I could get my leather pants expanded a couple 'o sizes... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WHAT!?! No Gunslinger!?!? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

What can I say, other than "impulse buyer". [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  The buddy with the Gunslinger doesn't know I have been coveting his guitar...BTW, am I breaking a commandment? [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Fury unleashed! Updated first post with pic above.

Comment

nice, I've been scoping the Malmsteen Strats for years hoping the would come down in value...that was back when you could get one used for 600.00, now even that price is getting scarce, while the guitars are continued to be mass produced.
                      Every once in awhile I get that urge.

Comment

Cool! I've bought tickets too Yngwie... He's coming home to Sweden in April! Can't wait!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Anders
                        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                        X