Yup, folks... I will soon be Jackson-less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, folks... I will soon be Jackson-less

Ok.. so I was at Guitar Center about 3 or so hours before the competition so I could look around because I had never been to guitar superstore before. I looked at the Jacksons which had a few VERY NICE brand new Jackson RR1s, one black with gold pinstripes, but both were damaged by STUPID KIDS(I'm assuming) who tried to take a guitar down higher from it. Also, I saw the DK2 with the import Pile of Skulls.. and it was pretty cool.. but I'm sure the USA graphic is much better. They also had a Crimson Swirl and a few import neck thru soloists.

I checked out the Mesa part of the store and man.. I stand by what I said man.. slush and mush. The rectumfriers that is..

Ok, so I'm trying out some guitars and then I see a guitar that I had been wanting to try out for a while now....

THE EB/MM JOHN PETRUCCI MODEL!!!

I picked it up, plugged it in to a nearby Line 6 amp.. and dude... IT WAS FREAKIN' MADE FOR ME!!!!!!!!! The best playing guitar I have ever played in my entire life.. it feels like a nice worn in guitar that fits my hand so well... it had an incredible finish on it. It changes colors when you move it at different angles.. but the main color is purple. Matching headstock... I mean geez this guitar was incredible.... and the TREM.. It stays in tune as well as any floyded guitar I've played. The pickups were AMAZING... I mean this guitar sounds amazing playing Overture 1928..

All I can say is GOODBYE JACKSONS, THE JP IS COMING HOME WITH ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Yup, folks... I will soon be Jackson-less

The Jacksons have been good to you, don't forsake them completely. After you get the new Axe get another Jackson for your stable.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I tried the same guitar out. (Same paint too). I almost plays itself. Although that comfort bevel looks kinda odd it does make the guitar very comfy. Pricey unit I might add. My friend who owns the music store where I played it also has one with a metallic gold paint job.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I would like to get a 7 string version just to have a 7 string around to mess around with. Unfortunately I am poor. I only have one electric guitar and that is an import Washburn Dime 2ST. I want a SL2H in trans green. I was thinkin about makin my own guitar with a Carvin neck-thru neck and buyin stuff from them. Its kinda lookin down sense it will probably be no where near as good as a guitar company that has building experience. So many ideas but so little funds.

Comment

i cant believe you say mesa's are muddy, do you not know how to dial in a good sound? you have all these guitars and your like what 14? thats crazy, yea, i am jealous for that fact. sure, with impatience you can achieve a very muddy sound. You got a lot to learn man, im not trying to knock you but damn.

sorry, ive been expecting my sl1 and it hasnt came yet so im kinda pissed.

Comment

Dude, Matt... I played with the many Rectumfriers they had in that room for a good long time.. and they were all slushy and muddy no matter where the knobs were positioned.

The JP models are real expensive.. this particular one is at about 1500.. but WELL WORTH IT...

Comment

..and don't tell me I have a lot to learn.. I know how to dial in a good sound. I'm not stupid.

I don't immediatley turn on the amp and slam everything at 10. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ February 26, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Word ]

Comment

Word I agree with ya man. I don't like the rectomfriers. They do have tones of gain and bottom end. But even when dialed in and set to bold they still sound like a chain saw with a bad chain. Hissy, scratchy, and just plain Icky to my ears anyway. The Road king is a little differnt sounding and Ilike it a little better but iT still has that nasty scratchy high end that yes disapears when dialing down the treble and the presence. The you loose all the highs and it gets muddy and mooshy. No articulation when saturated with gain. They're over used in the Nu-metal scene and tired sounding. Everybody sounds the same these days. Give me a friggin Marshall damn it. Tried and true and stood the test of time. I can get a TSL 100 to sound as heavy asa dual rec. and with all the bottom end of it too. Most of the bottom end though does come from the Recto 4x12 being deeper than the traditional 4x12. Run a TSL thru a recto cab and there ya go. Been there done that and it sounds great. Mesa's best amp was the MKIIC. Its sweet sounding in the mids and has deffinition and clearity with tone for days and a charactor all its own.
                I work in a Music store so I have access to many different amp and guitars to check things out with and thats what I hear with my ears anyway. Although everybody hears things differently and is entitled to thier own stupid opnions. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                Given I haven't played thru a VHT ora Bogner so I don't have those to referance with the Mesa but from what I hear they are the shiznit.
                Gil

BTW those Petrucci's are awsome playing guitars. I'm not a huge fan of Dimarzio's but those sound great. But hres a thought: instead of selling the Jacksons sell the POS Ibeenhad.
                J/k dude.

[ February 26, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: JACKSONFREAK ]

Comment

Remember the older you get the worse your hearing gets. I know a 14 year old kid has a better range of hearing than I do. Especialy with all the DB's I've subjected my ears to over the years. Combine that with the ability to play a Guitar well and I would say that I would respect what he has to say with regards to Amp tonal quality.

Just remember it's only ones personal opinion and the delivery of ones opinion improves with age.

Have Fun with your New Axe Word and Enjoy

Later BB

Comment

Cool. But watch out for the EBMM Petrucci models... I read a couple of controversial things about them getting cracks around the neck pocket and people having to send them back to EB to have them repaired.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Getting rid of your newly acquired Jacksons? Blasphemer! BOOOOO!!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I tried a Petrucci model the same day I played a PC1 for the first time and the neck just felt so tiny in my hands. The fretboard width just didn't work for me, but it did stay in tune when beating on the trem and sounded nice.

As for the rectifiers, they sound good for nu-metal, but just aren't versitile enough for everyone. I'll take a VHT or Soldano even a 5150 over those based on versitility and power.

I will say, do yourself a favor and get your hands on a early pro warrior if you can after your Petrucci. You have to play one to understand.
                        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

If you ever decide to sell your Joe Holmes Dinky, please let me know.

Yes, Petrucci model kicks ass.I had one and it played real well and way better than Ibanez petrucci model.
                          [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Matt:
                            i cant believe you say mesa's are muddy, do you not know how to dial in a good sound? you have all these guitars and your like what 14? thats crazy, yea, i am jealous for that fact. sure, with impatience you can achieve a very muddy sound. You got a lot to learn man, im not trying to knock you but damn.

sorry, ive been expecting my sl1 and it hasnt came yet so im kinda pissed.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would not play a rectumfier if you paid me...

Comment

Word, resistance is futile, you'll be back [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                              X