Nice score Venomboy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice score Venomboy!

Dude you have to post some pics of that killer NAMM Widow you won when it comes in. Congrats!
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Re: Nice score Venomboy!

Cool deal. Yeah I've talked to Matt about a few Rich's also. We put a quote in for a archtop Beast but still haven't heard anything back on it. What are the newer necks like on the USA Rich's now? Similar to Jackson? It's been forever since I played a Rich. I'm definitely thinking a Beast will be my next axe though. Do post pics of that Beast also. What color is it?
    We must!
    We must!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!

Comment

The Beast is black w/silver bevels and chrome hardware. The neck has jumbo frets, diamond inlays and is fairly narrow and thin. I'd say it feels narrower than a Soloist neck but it's a bit thicker, but not baseball bat thick. Almost like a Les Paul (but with total high fret access).

I just got the Beast setup and my guitar guy said whoever is making the US BC Rich's is doing a helluva job. He thinks the neck is fantastic. I bought it slightly used and the previous owner had thick strings on it. I put 9's on it, and it had some bow in the neck which my guitar guy was fortunately able to straigten out.

Comment

How much bigger it it than the Warlock? I was told by the East Coast sales guy for BC Rich that I was insane to want an archtop version of a Beast. He said BC Rich isn't liable for any loss of blood flow to my extremities due to my circulation being cut off. lol That is making me wonder how much of a Beast they really are. If I didn't get the custom I'd go for a black with white binding all around or the black with silver bevs like yours.
        We must!
        We must!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!

Comment

The Beast is definitely a big guitar. I'm 6'2" so it's not as big on me as it is on my wife who is 5'6". But even on her it doesn't look gargantuan.

When you see it in the case, you'll say...damn, that's huge. I think an archtop might be overkill on it since the shape is so unique and big. The silver bevels look insanely wicked on it.

I'll take a pic of it next to my Ibanez Destroyer so you can guage body size. The Beast is heavy, but not ungodly heavy. It balances very well with a strap but you might fuss a bit with finding a comfortable playing angle. When I play it, it doesn't feel as big as it looks.

I haven't been able to compare it to a Warlock. I played every friggin model at NAMM but I had such a boner playing all those guitars it's difficult to remember how they all compare to each other.

Comment

Got that candy store feeling at the BC Rich booth ha? lol I don't blame you. Thanks for the info. I should be fine with the Beast from what you've said. It's been a while since I put in the quote on the archtop so who knows if Rich will ever get back to Matt on it. I'll probably end up getting something like yours.
            We must!
            We must!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Thanks!

When my wife and I went to NAMM she saw that guitar and was like "damn! that's a nice guitar!!!" I played it and was like "whoa. this is sweet". When I saw that it was a private reserve guitar, I immediately thought it would be already sold.

So after NAMM, my wife starts to take guitar lessons and we would look at guitar catalogs, in particular the BC Rich catalogs. We both really like the KK Wartribe Warlock, but it's pretty pricey and it doesn't have neck binding...but it has the killer inlays and paint. BTW, Matt at Online Stage Gear was very helpful with me regarding BC Rich's in general. Big props to him.

My wife kept looking at the Widow in the catalog. I spoke with Guitar Asylum over the phone regarding the private reserve guitars and the guy said they all sell for at least $3 to $5K and that they're all gone. He also said BC Rich is way backordered on custom guitars and that there's a wait of at least 8-12 months.

So imagine my surprise at seeing the Widow on ebay! It wasn't cheap but it sure played nice at the show and it's the only one in existence. The seller is a dealership that just started carrying BC Rich and so far have been great to deal with.

It should arrive in a few days. I also just got a sweet deal on a USA Beast which I'll post pics of soon.

Comment

Solist, I posted pics here of my Beast and other axes for comparison. Sadly, the Widow hasn't arrived yet:

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...002&p=4#000099

Comment

DUDE you got a widow...killer PICS please.
                  the USA Warlocks are bigger than the widow...or at least the older ones. i dont know about new ones since BCRich changed the sizes slightly. im happy to hear they are building nice guitars again, for a while they really didnt come close to the old ones in quality, except for the finishes, old BCRichs have the worst finishes, so many flaws & the finish always looked pitted where it settled into the grain....but they are still my guitars of choice.

Comment

your beast looks great dude

Comment

Cool thanks dude. It really isn't much bigger from wing to wing than the Destroyer. If at all. I'm thinking with the exception of the horns it should feel like a bigger version of the Warrior. Thanks for the pics. Can't wait to see the Widow.
                      We must!
                      We must!
                      The bigger the better!
                      The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Cool Beast!! I can't wait to see pics of the Widow. I don't think I've ever seen a Widow guitar, just the bass versions that Blackie Lawless and D.D. Verni played. Also, I think the Widow headstock looks best on and should only stay on the Widow! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

When I spoke w/Guitar Asylum I called 3 times. On the third try I asked the guy on the phone if they would ever call me back...so they finally did and I spoke with a guy over there for at least 20 minutes about Rich's, Jacksons, and Deans. Overall the guy was really nice and very informative about BC Rich in general.

I had already made up my mind to go with Matt at OSG but was calling around to educate myself on everything BC Rich.

I'd be interested to hear about your experiences with Asylum. Email me if you don't want to post publically.

Comment

Venomboy...no email listed if you want email me at
                            [email protected]

if you want some info.

Comment

sweet beast...try music zoo in queens NY they also can order USA Richs, ide stay away from guitar asylum (on long island?) unless its just for price quote, after the **** they pulled with my Wayne & a few other waynes they have there I would NOT do business with them nor would I recommend them for any guitar purchase

Comment

Working...
                              X