Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my Taylor Guitars catalog in the mail today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Taylor Guitars catalog in the mail today...

The little free catalog itself is very nice and organized without a single spelling mistake to be found anywhere, but DAMN, there's no way in hell I'd pay $1,348 for the lowest-priced model (310) not including the Baby Taylor Series when that exceeds the price of most of the USA Select Series Jacksons on Matt's website.

Damn. Gimme my Carvin C980-12 acoustic jumbo instead anyday! I know Taylors are supposed to be impeccable, but holy crap! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] The PRICE, children, the PRICE!!!

Re: Got my Taylor Guitars catalog in the mail today...

I've played Takamines and Seagulls that sound better than some of Taylor's best and highest priced guitars...

As for Martin..they sound like cardboard boxes with rubber bands on them.

[ February 24, 2003, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Word ]

Comment

Well, its a personal taste issue for sure, but I've yet to play a Taylor that didn't scream TAKE ME HOME NOW!!! SCREW THE BILLS!!!

Comment

I've got an 1978 510 one of the first 100 made. I have owned it since new and I have played iton a regular basis since then and still do. It sounds fantastic and plays like a dream. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

BB

Comment

I've played Takamines and Seagulls that sound better than some of Taylor's best and highest priced guitars...
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Takaime and Seaugull guitars are excellent values. Have played some very nice ones in the 300.00 - 600.00 range.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Well, its a personal taste issue for sure, but I've yet to play a Taylor that didn't scream TAKE ME HOME NOW!!! SCREW THE BILLS!!!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm with Chuck on this one. Taylors are very nice guitars, but I'm probably just tone deaf. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Some pics of my 1978 Taylor 510. This was one of the first 100 made. It came out of the Lemon Grove Shop. I am the original owner and bought this in 78 for $400. Canadian. Taylors were little known then but I just loved this Guitar from the moment I played it. It has been all over the world with me and it plays better than the day I bought it. It is untouched and completley original. I was offered a but load for it by a collector but it has to many memories for me to ever part with have a look.

BB

Comment

I'll tell you a cheap acoustic that sounds and plays excellent: Johnson. Ignore the "mini" guitars. They're junk like all other minis, but the standard dreadnaught sized guitars are really good.
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Bad-Brad, just out of curiosity, if you don't mind, how much did that collector offer you?

I wouldn't part with it either if I were you. I don't think I could EVER sell any of my guitars.

Comment

Last Year I was offered 3,000. Like I said this Axe has seen Good Times Bad Times and everything in between for the last 25 years with me and that you can't put a price on. Plus it still plays and sounds unreal and is like an extension of my hand now I know it so well. I have heard of them going for even more from this vintage which is before the layoff and from the first 100.

Later BB

Comment

You've got a very special guitar there Brad. Hang on to it. It's not worth all the money anyone can offer if it's meant so much to you since you first acquired it.

But, it's sort of cool to know that you've been offered a 750% worth if you don't take the 1978's price into today's value!

Comment

I like Takamine and Seagull guitars as well for the price, but there is no way they can hang with a top of the line Taylor, unless the Taylor was damaged or you were jamming a bit too loudly on your electric before plugging them in. Granted, not all Taylors are amazing, but their worst are on par with the best of most other makers I have tried. Their best are truly magical. That is how I came to Taylor, by trying out every brand that I could find...including most boutique brands at every price. I will say that the best sounding, cheap acoustic that I ever played was a Seagull, and I just recently helped someone choose a Takamine, which was perfect for his budget. I also agree, that i wouldn't pay the $$$ for a 300 series, but I have owned 2 600 series Taylors (which are my favorite.) The one I have now, is truly spectacular and everyone that plays it wants to buy it from me.

Comment

Working...
                        X