No announcement yet.

Couple more USA BC Rich's on the way!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple more USA BC Rich's on the way!!

Geez I love these guitars! Sold my last Ibeenhad yesterday. While I like the two I had (SC420 & SCA220) they really didn't inspire me at all! So I moved them and get these:
    http://www.chrisguitars.com/bcrich91classaxe.jpg
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...506752860&rd=1

I'm pretty amped! All I have now are BC Rich guitars other than the two I built! (3 Gunslinger, the ST-3, and the Assassin). These are real players, no doubt! Since I can't afford the SanDimas stuff, I'll get the (arguably) next best thing! The Yellow Assassin is a Classaxe guitar, but it's a 1991 in mint condition, so I couldn't pass it up. I don't know that it's an Assassin though - it's more like the Innovator. I wonder if it's a one off that never really took off or something? I like it though - reminds me vaguely of the older Phil Collen Jackson. Anyway, just thought I'd share - I'm pretty darn happy!

Re: Couple more USA BC Rich\'s on the way!!

Cool guitars! I would like to get my hands on a couple of USA BC Richs too! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:
      What is the name of the model(the Yellow one)??
      I have never seen that before.

The orange one reminds me of Poison.

Congrats!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He says it's an Assassin. It is a Class Axe era guitar, which adds a wrinkle in everything. The Assassins I've seen (this is a 1991 model), look just like Gunslingers, except for the fact that they have 2 hums usually. The body on this one looks like the body of the Innovator bass, and the controls are laid out somewhat that way. I wonder if it's some kind of one-off prototype sort if deal? It doesn't have a neckplate, but most of the guitars of that Class Axe era did not have one. I had a Gunslinger that had the same hardware, etc. from that time frame that also had no neck plate. It could be something from Ed Roman's shop. It's kind of a mystery. I've looked everywhere I can think of on the net, and no one knows anything about it - including the BC Rich guys on that board.

The orange one is TOTALLY CC DeVille though! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I thought it was pretty unique cuz it's the only ST-3 I've seen with a mapla/maple neck. Kinda wonder if the neck is original - but then again, I could care less! The thing I love about the USA Rich's (at least the superstrats) is that they can be had for relatively little cash in comparison to similar Jackson/Charvel stuff of that era, and I would put them right up there as far as playability and feel.

Comment

What is the name of the model(the Yellow one)??
        I have never seen that before.

The orange one reminds me of Poison.

Congrats!

[ February 21, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: dinkyjacksonman ]

Comment

Hey Chuck! Thanks for the tip! I'll see how ugly the finances get after this last week's buying spree!

Comment

Here's an 80's Gunslinger for you.. http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/30U-10855.htm

Notice the raw maple neck. They play just like a San Dimas...

[ February 22, 2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: kickaxeguitars ]

Comment

congrats, Chris. I love that ST3.

I'm still kinda kicking myself for passing over a bright yellow ST3 a couple of months ago (I love yeller geetars). Played great, oiled neck, very cool & a nice price to boot, but I don't think I could've lived with all niggly things wrong with it. It was no where as nice as the fine example you just picked up. The wife bought me the minty fresh Model 1A hanging next to it for Xmas instead. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG:
                congrats, Chris. I love that ST3.

I'm still kinda kicking myself for passing over a bright yellow ST3 a couple of months ago (I love yeller geetars). Played great, oiled neck, very cool & a nice price to boot, but I don't think I could've lived with all niggly things wrong with it. It was no where as nice as the fine example you just picked up. The wife bought me the minty fresh Model 1A hanging next to it for Xmas instead. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks VG! It will be arriving tomorrow! Tomorrow will be a pretty good day - I'm gonna catch the GooGoo Dolls/Bon Jovi concert (belated Valentines Day thing for my wife) - don't laugh - they put on a good show! So I get a guitar and a concert. Can't beat that! There's a yellow ST-3 on GBASE right now - I've been eyeing for quite some time. A couple years ago, there was a cool ST-3 on eBay that was yellow and had a matching headstock - went for about $250-300 I think - I missed that one! One thing about these old Rich's - they are usually pretty played! But that's not always a BAD thing...lots of character! I don't mind doing a little work on stuff anyway. Speaking of work, my Ian Mayo BC Rich Explorer bass just shipped today too, so it'll be a good week! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

those ST-IIIs had great necks...i had one in a dark green/gold snakeskin, and it sure was cool. congrats!

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks, Sully! Yeah, the ones with the unfinished necks (all the Rich's I've had with the exception of one) have been the most comfortable necks I've ever played. It felt nearly the same as the San Dimas plated Ontario Jackson strat I used to have. Now, if only the ones I'm getting with rosewood boards had ebony... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I think the bass does, but it's also a neck-thru. I didn't get any pics of the back of it though - I'm not sure if the neck is finished (painted) or not.

Comment

Damn Chris nice...i still have mine for sale if you want

Comment

Originally posted by jamie:
                        Damn Chris nice...i still have mine for sale if you want
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm tapped out cashwise - bought WAAAYYYY too much stuff lately! But what do you have anyway? Let me know. Maybe it's something I can do down the line...you can email me pics if you like.

Comment

Working...
                        X