Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westbury Guitars.....Anybody have one??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westbury Guitars.....Anybody have one??????

I was playing my old 1980(i think???) Westbury Standard the other day and was wondering how many people even know about these. If you have one of these EXCELLENT guitars let me know about it and maybe you could post a pic of it too. Mine is definately been a test bed for pickups, experiments, mods and the works. It's a bit over the top but I love it!. It's wired like a tri-pickup les paul(3 volumes and a tone) with a coil tap(very Mark Knoplerish). I even added the cpacitors to bleed the treble when backing off the volume on all three pots. I scalloped the frets(came out great!) and added a 1/4 brass plate that the strings anchor to and with the set neck it has unreal sustain! I smoothed out the step in the set neck too and plays like butter. In the pups dept. there's a Dimarzio super distortion(came stock!)neck position is a Dimarzio PAF(came stock!) and in the middle is a Dimarzio super distortion(not stock [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] !). To put it mildly, IT SCREAMS!
    http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDdA...46753808134661 56430
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: Westbury Guitars.....Anybody have one??????

I had a Westbury guitar about 6-8 years ago! It was real nice,if a bit scruffy,but I was going thru one of those "change guitars every other week" phases. Plus it really wasn't "metal" enough for the band I was in at the time!
    I took the Dimarzios out, and put them in an old Ibanez Vee copy - now that really was a P.O.S.!

Comment

Wesbury's were only made from 78 to 81, all from Japan. The company called Wesbury was the importer of Univox, so I imagine all the guitars were built by Univox to Wesbury's design specifications.............

Comment

Westburys, and pretty much all the other Matsumoku made guitars are great deals, and really well made guitars. Some of the better known ones are Vantage, Aria Pro, and Electra. I myself have a 1982 Aria Pro II CS-400. It doesn't look anything special, but it's a nice carved solid ash body, set neck, and this thing seriously sustains! If you ever have the chance to buy one for a good price, you can't go wrong.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
        X