steingerger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steingerger

hey i spotted this and i like the price and the look and pros or cons to this guitar? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=052

Re: steingerger

i meant steinberger

Comment

Re: steingerger

Pros: Looks like a real Steinberger. Will stay in tune pretty well if you use the expensive LaBella double-ball strings. Can be had cheap.

Cons: Is like a real Steinberger in looks only. Real Steinbergers have indestructible composite necks, real EMG pickups, much better S-Trem or TransTrem bridges, and better fretwork. The 'Spirit' has a wood neck with mediocre fretwork, those awful EMG-Select passive pickups, and the R-Trem bridge which ain't that great.

Of course, real Steinbergers (which can now be had again from the MusicYo site) are very expensive. And the original Steinbergers go for big $$$ on eBay nowadays. Plus, good luck finding a qualified tech to work on a real Steinberger. Having said all that, I would love to get my hands on another one (I used to have a GL-4T).

In contrast, I think you would be better off not buying the Spirit--there are better guitars you can buy for that amount of money--such as the Kramer Baretta FR-404 also on the MusicYo site.

Comment

Working...
      X