Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the Kramer Baretta FR404S/D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried the Kramer Baretta FR404S/D?

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you tried the Kramer Baretta FR404S/D yet? It reminds me from the picture on MusicYo's site of a Soloist and seems to be a pretty good deal. So any of you have any feedback on the model?
    http://www.musicyo.com/product_specs.asp?pf_id=002
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Re: Anyone tried the Kramer Baretta FR404S/D?

I have the same one.

Nice platform for a decent guitar

Pro's : Wood quality and neck, top notch. like a neckthrough Jackson or Charvel.
    The Trem actually works well
    Tuners are decent

Dirt Cheap

Cons: finish is thins, some runs
    Cosmetic quality is lacking behind Jackson
    Pickups are junk

General build quality is as little on the cheap side.

Be prepared to do a major setup.
    This is a nice playing guitar, and once tweaked, makes a great backup to a Soloist or Model 6

Comment

THanks a lot for you help. You mentioned the finish is thin, so would you recommend getting it in black to help hide the fact or is it something you would hardly notice?
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I've had 5 of these guitars, currently own 3 of them (2 404S/D's and 1 "USA Collection"). I've never seen anything in the finish of any of them that looked like a flaw. I also think the quad-rail pickups are great, sound just like a DiMarzio Super Distortion. The Floyd's are pretty decent too, WAY BETTER than the JT-580 on the current Japanese Jackson's.

The only downside to them is that they all need a thorough setup when you get them from MusicYo.

I currently have a metallic blue and metallic black 404S/D and a metallic black "USA Collection" model with a real Floyd Rose and Seymour Duncan pickups. I need to clear out some room for some of my new Charvel's so I'll probably be selling a batch of Kramer's here pretty soon. Email me and I'll make you a killer deal on the metallic black 404S/D.

Comment

I'll keep you in mind man, I start my new job next week!

Comment

I have to echo Greg's statement.

The Kramer Trem looks ALOT like the JT500, however it is very solid, very heavy. It actually is a nice trem, I was surprised. The knife edges are sharp and the screws are of decent quality.

The finish of MY guitar is on the thin side. I can see two 4 inch lines through the paint on the back.

And for me, I find the quadrails very muddy.

But overall I say its a great axe.

Comment

Working...
            X