No announcement yet.

Please help! what model Fender is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! what model Fender is this?

Hey,

I'd really like to know what model fender this is.
    Any info is welcome.. I don't know much about fenders so..

any info is welcome, even what color this is (surf green?) and what color the pickguard it has..
    What model (most important ofcourse)(notice the rev. headstock) and how much they go for..

thanks!

btw, the neck looks weird 'cause I edited out the copyright thingy [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ February 08, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: After Forever ]

Re: Please help! what model Fender is this?

It appears to be a Fender Jaguar, but I could be very wrong. It's just that Jaguars typically don't have the plastic part of the pickguard as the whole pickguard as shown in your picture. There's usually a metal portion to the pickguard where the knobs and switches are, but I'm not seeing the switches that are typical of the Jaguars I know.

Maybe it's a Custom Shop. It's also got a reverse headstock which I've never seen before on a Jaguar either.

Comment

It looks more like a customized Jazzmaster to me. The neck looks like its a Warmoth, the body has had a new pickguard and pickups added. They appear to have used Telecaster bridge, bridge pickup and neck pickup on it. I don't think its a customized Jaguar as the body shape looks more like a Jazzmaster, which has a thicker upper cutaway and set up for full scale, not 24" string length. Since Warmoth makes both Jazzmaster bodies and necks like that one, its very likely a Warmoth guitar with a bogus decal. There is a HUGE route for those tailpieces that is very hard to fill and conceal that his is lacking because of the Tele bridge. He probably ordered the body with no trem tailpiece route.

Jaguars are 24" scale with a thinner uppercutaway and three control plates.

[ February 08, 2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

thanks.. imo all fenders look alike [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I found another pic

maybe that can tell you guys more?

Comment

It's a Jaguar body, but with more straightforward electronics...probably custom made.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is a newer fender from the last 8 years or so. I think it was called an "Esquire". It was basically a jag with a hum.

The pickguard is called Tourtise shell. I think the color was Sea Foam Green.

I could be wrong, but that goes without saying.

Comment

Whatever it is, it's damn ugly!
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the replies [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Zeegler, you're right haha, but I really want one haha. don't know why [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Hehe, when Leo designed the Jazzmaster in 1957, he showed a prototype to his plant manager Forrest White. White told him he thought it looked like a pregnant duck...lol.

From that newer picture, I am more convinced it is a Warmoth neck. I still say its not one of the newer Jaguar type guitars (Cyclone, Tornado) as the upper cutaway is Jazzmaster like, meaning it is full scale. Those guitars have the Jaguar skinny cutaway for shorter scale. I can see why the two look so similar though. However, the differences between a Jaguar and a Jazzmaster are greater than the differences between a Fusion and a Soloist.

[ February 09, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

I read somewhere that it is a Warmoth custom made jobby. Anyways Jim Shine is our resident Fender expert and it would be wise to listen to him [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the support.

For anyone who is into mundane and useless knowledge, my Jaguar pictured above is the actual guitar Warmoth used to program the CNC's to make Jaguar bodies and necks. I leant them that guitar and it took almost a year to get it back. I also have the first Jaguar body and neck they ever made (it was my payment for loaning them the guitar).

FWIW, an "Esquire" is not even close to that guitar. The Esquire is the first model solid body Fender spanish guitar ever made (yes, it pre-dates the legendary Broadcaster). Esquires are still around. They are Telecaster's that have just a bridge pickup. Same body, neck and parts, just less one pickup and no hole for a pickup in the pickguard.

[ February 09, 2003, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

It's hard to tell, but is that Surf Green, Seafoam Green or Sonic Blue? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Good question. In the very top pic it looks like lightly yellowed Daphne Blue, in the other pic it looks like a cross between Daphne Blue (unyellowed) and Foam green. One would have to get a good accurate pic and even then its probably not really either, but a color he picked out from a color chart book.

Sonic Blue is quite a bit lighter, aka Baby Blue or Robins egg blue. When that color yellows it turns to a avicado green.

Comment

Do you think he has back problems? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X