Anyone play the Epi ZW Les Paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play the Epi ZW Les Paul?

If so how'd ya like it? I like epiphones, I dont have nothing against them. They're not no $2k gibson but a Epi LP does fine by me. I wanted a gibo Zakk LP cause I like that bulls eye but it wasnt worht $3k to me, but now they have the $900 Epi verison so I was wonder'n if anyone played one or owns one?

Re: Anyone play the Epi ZW Les Paul?

I tried one at GC last weekend. Not a bad guitar
    but was no better than an Epi Les Paul Custom
    other than the Emg pickups which are better than
    Epi stock pickups. For the $900 or so you could
    get a Gibson Les Paul Studio new. Or save $200
    and get the Epi Custom and Real Emg's. Not a bad
    guitar just too pricey for the Zack package.

Ric

Comment

For $900 you could get a sweet Hamer-Carvin-or Jackson or even used Gibson LP Standards or Classics if you are patient. You could get a Custom Carvin USA loaded for $900 or a Very Minty Hamer Studio or? Don`t spend that kinda money on Korean stuff, buy the good stuff, I made that mistake before and have learned my lessons the hard way, that is why i buy Carvin USA-Hamer USA and Jackson USA guitars, awsome quality for the money!! Man, you could get a New Jackson USA JJ-2 for $900 with case and still have money left over [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

My opinion is Gibson really sucks for doing this to force up the price and value of the Gibson name.. which is grossly overpriced! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

For a long time now, Epiphone has always been there making budget to midrange instruments with Gibson being the parent company as a selling point. Some of the stuff they're producing in Korea and slapping 1000.00-1,200.00 list prices on is just garbage for the money~! and some of it is ok, but certainly not for over a grand!

So Epiphone is picking up the slack where Gibson normally would've marketed a low price budget model.. so the name Gibson is now synonymous with the overpriced USA line, which you still need to go thru piece by piece just to find a good one and overpay hundreds of dollars what it should be priced out at..rediculous.

At least Fender has kept the prices and costs in line a little more realistically.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric1983:
          I tried one at GC last weekend. Not a bad guitar
          but was no better than an Epi Les Paul Custom
          other than the Emg pickups which are better than
          Epi stock pickups. For the $900 or so you could
          get a Gibson Les Paul Studio new. Or save $200
          and get the Epi Custom and Real Emg's. Not a bad
          guitar just too pricey for the Zack package.

Ric
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Real EMG's are good yeah, I had a pair in my ESP old style explorer before I sold it, slammed some duncans in my Epi Standard LP and I was playing that with the duncans way more than the explorer with the EMG's.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall tone:
            If so how'd ya like it? I like epiphones, I dont have nothing against them. They're not no $2k gibson but a Epi LP does fine by me. I wanted a gibo Zakk LP cause I like that bulls eye but it wasnt worht $3k to me, but now they have the $900 Epi verison so I was wonder'n if anyone played one or owns one?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Enter Musician's Friend's Meet Zakk Wylde
            Contest; you could win the Gibson Zakk LP
            if you're the top winner, or the Epiphone version if you're one of the next few
            runner-ups. I wouldn't buy that model but I'd dig winning one!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall tone:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">MF has the Epi ZW for $799.
              Also check with www.guitartrader.com they usually can beat the mf prices.

Really the main differences I see between the gibby and epi is
              Rosewood fretboard instead of ebony
              Emg hz's instead of Emg 81 and 85
              Poly finish vs nitro finish
              At least epi is using a all mahogany body, maple neck, maple carved top like the Gibby. Not S.A. mahogany, but mahogany none the less.
              You also get sealed tuners not the Kluson clones.
              probably made by Gotoh. 12:1 or 14:1 gear ratio.

if it's just an LP style guitar your looking for in that price range though, there are better choices.
              Fernandes
              Dean
              Diodati
              Epi elite

used
              Hamer usa
              Heritage.
              Tokai
              Orville
              Burny
              Greco

Kent

[ February 09, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: k65h ]
              4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

I have found the Korean Epiphone LP's to look very much like a real LP, but play almost nothing like one. Horrible necks, in my opinion.

Comment

I found a New 2001 Hamer USA Studio Mahogany with Hamer USA Case for $999, no Epiphone can touch it. Please don`t waste your money on Korean garbage, I am sorry for that, but you can het so many nice instruments for $900-1000, New or Used. Jack.

Comment

Epi ZW Les Paul = CRAP !!!!!

IMHO

[ February 13, 2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Doc Dryer ]

Comment

Yeah, for the money .. you are so much better off getting a used Japan Tokai or a Ibanez, Aria, Burney, etc... your 4-5 hundred will go so much farther.

I

Comment

If you want a nice les paul, but dont want to pay much, i would REALLY look into the used gibson les paul studio's on ebay. I got a nice 84' paul for $500!!, then you could stick a pair of the real emg's for around $200, and you would be saving $200 and buying a REAL QUALITY gibson guitar.

Comment

Working...
                        X