My newest toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest toy

This guitar is a very nice example of a Baretta.

All-original..I'm very happy.

Kramer Baretta

Re: My newest toy

I hate every single one of you that has money to buy guitars.

Comment

Rattlehead,
      Is there ever a guitar for sale where you live?

Comment

RattleHead wrote:
        I hate every single one of you that has money to buy guitars.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is called ,"working TWO jobs to support the GAS" 10pm-6am then I go to work at my 2nd job at 7:30am. You want nice guitars like these....hustle.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Or you get a nice cushy job where you dont actually do anything but surf the JCF and go to the gym all day, and people still give you money......I used to take the hustle route, but this is much more fun.............I think I'll have another Long Island Iced Tea while I "work".........

Comment

I am with Accept2. It's nice have a nice cushy job. All I do is sit and wait for things to go wrong. Which doesn't seem to happen very often. When I was a teenager I used to work in my uncles roofing company. In 100+ degree weather, and it sucked. Going to college was way easier.

[ February 14, 2003, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Keith Gutierrez ]
            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Hey, I used to do roofing too. It gives you a real good incentive to study hard, when you see these guys making a living doing that crap day in day out...............

Comment

I was a flooring layer for 10+ yrs, Carpet, vinyl. Yuk
                On your knees all day long. I have been back in school for 3 years, got a 1 1/2 left.

Comment

Nice guitar! Love the paw-prints too!
                  (Thinks-white paw-prints on my black Baretta? Hmmm.....)

Comment

Nice!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I hope those old in-the-wood trem posts hold up for you and aren't tilted forward already.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Trem posts are actually straight, the wood is holding up well, (there is no movement whatsoever, I don't think the guitar was used much. it's really clean for its age.) no problems there.

In fact, other than dirty, the black floyd and other harware look like new now.. almost NO wear.. no rust, no bad threads.. amazing shape.

This JB is sweet!.. I swear it sounds fuller than the new ones.

The Trem block device is pretty cool. a factory option in late 87..

UNFORTUNATELY
                      The neck is junk.. truss rod broken. I think that must have happened early, because the frets look almost new.. no wear..whatsoever..

FORTUNATELY the seller is a good guy, refunded me the price of a NOS unmounted Kramer American Pointy neck, which I found.

So all is well.

My personal theory is that someone broke the truss rod shortly after he got it, maybe gave up, put it aside.. then passed it along years later.

Kramer really had it goin on back then, too bad the screwed the pooch with that Striker ****..

[ February 17, 2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Cool. That sucks about the neck, but that's great the seller was cool about it! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

My first guitar was a Striker 600ST (plywood crap body with Original Floyd II single-locking trem.) I put in a real Floyd, a DiMarzio X2N in the bridge, and it's served me pretty well for about 15 years. I haven't really played it much in the past year or two. I just took it out of the case a few weeks ago to change the strings and set it up, realized the posts are tilted forward a little. The neck is almost perfect, though! Oh well, maybe I'll just retire it permanently and take the X2N out and put it in my Model 5A. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by grandpa:
                          Rattlehead,
                          Is there ever a guitar for sale where you live?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes, but i am poor, because I have NO hustle.

Comment

Working...
                          X