Dean Cadillac Theft on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Cadillac Theft on eBay

I've been pretty lucky the past couple weeks getting some steals on eBay. First was the graphic San Dimas Star for $300, then a mint neck-thru fire crackle Charvel Model 5A for $260 and then this:

I can't believe I was the only person in the world who looked at this auction and realized that it was a USA Dean Cadillac. The seller had no idea where it was made. I knew immediately by looking at the pics that it was a USA model. It even came with the original case(which wasn't listed in the auction). Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...502458917&rd=1

$150 folks!!!!!!!! How's that for a steal. Have you ever seen a top like this?

Re: Dean Cadillac Theft on eBay

wooooooooo! NICE TOP. pays to do your homework!!

Comment

It's kind of a strange guitar. It's from 1996 which doesn't make it one of the original 70's/80's era Evanston, IL made guitars. This one has a totally different feel. It feels basically like a Jackson USA unfinished bolt-on neck meets a mahogany bodied Les Paul with a top Gibson only dreamed of.

Comment

Good steal, Greg "Thief" Crowe! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

fudge thats a nice top.

150$ eh....

At least someone who is going to appreciate got their hands on it rather then some ebay punk kid who will put punk stickers on it and abuse it.

Good score, can I have it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, there's some great deals on ebay, you just got to be looking at the right place at the right time. I do a Dean sweep from time to time.. but this, this is gorgeous.. I've never seen a top like that on a Caddy. Great flame.

A model 5A fire crackle for 260.00.. yeah, it figures.. was shopping a month ago.

Awesome score..look good in your collection. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ February 07, 2003, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

Holy sh!t!! Score, Greg!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Greg, great scores brother. But that Model 5A is a Model 5fx (even less common than the Model 5A).
                I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Oops, duh.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] yeah, a firecrackle 5fx. I already have 2 model 5A's. Those 5fx's are strange guitars. As most know, they were just 5A's that Ft. Worth intercepted and played games with. They added a single coil pickup and then depending on their mood and how much time they had to play around, some have an added tone control and some have an added trem route.

Comment

I think I did see that! I believe that relisted at least once..I wanted that axe.

Comment

DANG!! Greg, are the planets lined up for you or what? Awesome score. This proves that there are still some steals out there. I must say again...DANG!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Thats a great score.

Does it say "Made in USA"?

I've never heard of a bolt-on USA Caddy.

Even the Korean Select series were set-neck.

But, I'm not an expert on Caddies... Z's and MLs are my forte.

I'm gonna ask the Dean guys.

[ February 07, 2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Greg IS a Dean guy!

GREAT SCORE!!!!!!

Comment

The 96's don't say "Made in USA" anywhere on them. You just have to know that if the guitar has the serial number on the fretboard just like a neck-thru USA Jackson, it's a mid 90's USA Dean with the first 2 digits being the year. There seem to be a lot of 1996 models around.

Comment

Well, I certainly learned something new.

I always passed on Deans that were bolt on, [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I think I may have missed a few good deals. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Lovely figuring on that guitar. Congrats! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ February 07, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Working...
                              X