Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mean Street Guitars

Have you guys seen these?? at Mean Street Guitars? Click here

I'm Currently awaiting the arrival of this one! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Mine!!

[ January 31, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Galaxyssb ]

Re: Mean Street Guitars

How much are his guitars going for?They look pretty good let me know how they play.

Comment

I haven't been to their site in a while. Looks like the lawsuits finally caught up with them. Meanstreet used to be a specialty shop that dealt almost exclusively with various EVH clone gutiars. They had a Kramer model, Hot for Teacher model, Wolfgangs, all kinds of stuff representing Eddies different guitars. Now I don't see a single one.

Comment

those with the holoflash grahic look awesome [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

From what i understand, these are cheap Korean guitar parts that Mitch had made. They seem pretty cheesy to me. That doesnt look to be the Kramer finish either. Hard to tell from the pictures. Good luck.

[ January 31, 2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: jeebus ]

Comment

You are correct, it's not meant to be a exact 1984 clone, but something similar to that.. As for the parts, hell you can always upgrade, I'm betting this thing will do well.. Mitchel Gave me a good deal and assured me that If I did not like it, there would be no problem returning it.. That's hard to beat.. Should be here this coming Wednesday, I'll let you guys know what I think about it after I've played it a while and tinkered with it.. The Holoflash graphic on this is not Original, it's a custom job.. It's My understanding that the Guy that did the original Holoflash jobs for Kramer is the one who taught Mitchel how to do them.. If you have any questions about these guitars I'm sure Mitchel will be happy to answer any of your questions.. At least he did for me..

Comment

He should offer the upgrades in house. Anyone doing an EVH remake should at least make an OFR available. And a Duncan.

Comment

Originally posted by After Forever:
                those with the holoflash grahic look awesome [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like mine better. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I don't know what it is about Meanstreet's holoflashs, but they look weird to me.

Maybe its the lighting or the fact that they are difficult to photograph. I'm assuming (hoping) the latter.

Comment

Mitchel was very good to me on some items I bought from him. We had a misunderstanding and he took care if it right away. I trust him and his word. He's given me no reason not to.

Jeff

Comment

I'e known Mitchel for SOME TIME, and he is A-OK by ME {for what THAT is worth !!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] }...His word is SOLID as well !!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with Doc, I also believe Doc's word to be Very Solid!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Jesse, yes he does offer upgrades in house, It was my decision to just go with is as is.. And I will do the upgrade myself if I decide.. But I want to try it as is, There was a Guy that posted on Mitchel's site and Claimed to have an 1984 Music yo and one of Mitchel's unchained guitars and claimed to like Mitchel's over the music yo..
                      Like I said I will give you guys an honest report, I'm a player not a collector.. Also Kirk, I'm with you on the latter part of what you said, I do believe these are hard to take pictures of.. We shall see.. Later [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Karl.

Comment

Well the Guitar arrived.. Must say I was surprised how well it was packed. Whoever packed it did a very good job.. It was in UPS transit for 5 days.. ( picturing nightmare of what could
                        have been ) but it arrived in one piece.. I was pleased with the Fit and finish no problem for me here, The Holoflash is very nice.. Pictures of holoflash are just hard to take I guess.. Sure looks good in person.. Playability? Very Nice no Problems here, I was a tad scared about the neck being to thick but, it wasn't, and fits my hand very nice.. Now it's not a Jackson neck, I own a KE2 and it's not that thin, but still very playable. In other words it won't wear me out playing it.. Sound?? I'm impressed! As I told Mitchel I usually tend to stay away from pickups that do not have adjustable poles, I've always found them to be weak, or weaker than the ones with poles, and you can adjust them if needed... This pickup seems to do just fine, no complaints from me.. The Trem works just fine, that will be an over time thing as far as wear goes, as it most likely won't stand up to a real Floyd, but for now it will work just fine.. Over all I'm pleased, the service was good, and the Guitar, IMHO is worth the price paid.. This is just my opinion..

Karl.

Comment

Working...
                        X