New ESP/LTD George Lynch guitar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ESP/LTD George Lynch guitar!

ESP is putting out the LTD version of Lynch's M-1 Tiger. It has a maple body and neck, OFR, real Seymour Duncan Screamin Demon humbucker, 22 fret maple board and the yellow tiger graphic. It's a 600 series so it is a slight upgrade from the GL500K 500 series. This may be an interesting buy. My LTD Kamakazi copy GL500K wasn't so bad. Don't the M-1's have a slimmer neck? I know for a fact that ESP basically copies the custom shop versions dimension wise. I can't wait to see what these turn out like. I hope the price is right. Go to Harmony Central and look up the Winter NAMM update section and click guitars. It's also on the cover page under ESP Introduces New Signiture Models. Need opinions guys. I know I count on yall.

Re: New ESP/LTD George Lynch guitar!

It also has an original Floyd Rose, list price of $1199 so it will retail around $800.

[ January 29, 2003, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: TattooedCarrot ]

Comment

I've got a Lynch M1 and it does have a big neck. It feels no different than my Kami IV neck. Musicians Friend has this listed at 8 and change and will be available in 2-4 weeks. The graphic is a little different than the M1. Bigger Black stripes on the LTD. God for only 300 more dollars you could get a GMW. Still a good deal for the features and graphic. I'll bet you can get these for under $750 at drumcityguitarland.

Comment

I assume this is of korean origin, and while it most certainly is a perfectly nice guitar you can get a used american guitar for that price...which will have finer attention to detail and a better selection of woods.

This debate goes on and on, and different strokes for different folks, but I wouldn´t buy it for that price. For $500, maybe, but not $800.

This is exactly the same situation as with the Kramer 1984. A nice guitar made overseas, but too pricey.

Comment

Very true. A GMW to my specs, which wouldn't be too far off from the M-1, would only be maybe $300 more. I'll have to see. If Drumcityguitarland might have them at $750 that would be even better because they check their guitars out before they accept them and keep the good ones from what I've been told. They don't like factory seconds unless they get stuck with them. This LTD model is what I was hoping Jackson would put out this year. It's exactly what I have been looking for.

Comment

I'm so dissapointed in the LTD Lynch guitars.

Lynch is my favorite guitar player, I wish I could like his kami guitars but I hate the necks, they are way too wide for me, and way over-priced.

I'm getting a Warmoth ebony neck with reverse Kiwi, puting it on an older charvel body I have, gonna do a kami camo on it, a lot cheaper.
            It won't be exact, but it'll look pretty darn close, and the paint job is easy to do.

I just wish I could figure out how to do that upsidedown jack, way cool.

I'll put "MSP" on the headstock. (My Special Project.) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

BTW, I know where there's an Lynch autographed LTD 500K for $299.. but I'm not gonna tell. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ January 29, 2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

The more I see this guitar the more I want it............no..........I think I've got to have it. I'm going to give it some time before I do buy one and watch Harmony Central for reviews and maybe find one somewhere to check out myself. It has all the qualities I have been looking for in a guitar period. It would be nicer if it had a pointy headstock and said JACKSON on it, but I can live with an LTD. The GL500K I had was cool, but I'm not a big reverse headstock fan and the graphic was just plain junk. At least this one has a decent graphic. I'm not buying it because of the graphic, I'm just a sucker for the one humbucker, one volume and 22 fret maple board on a full size Strat style body. If it does in fact have the same neck profile as the GL500K I wont be dissapointed. I liked it actually. You can't beat a real Seymour Duncan and a real OFR either. The body being maple is another plus. How bad can the cheapest maple be? It's kinda like my DK2. It's supposed to be alder, but it weighs more than my Delong Strat and it truely is alder. I think my Jackson is poplar or poplar/alder laminate. It still smokes. The GL500K I had, had the most stable neck of any guitar I have ever owned and kept the setup I got on it through 3 seasons. If the tiger stripe thing don't go over well I can always send it off to GMW and have a repaint done. If anybody sees one and plays it make sure and post or e-mail me with your review [email protected]

Comment

nevermind..

[ February 02, 2003, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: After Forever ]

Comment

I have to admit that I'm interested too. It looks like the body is routed out for the Floyd. That's the only down side, as I prefer a flat mounted Floyd.

Comment

Or you could get a real one:
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33038

Mine is exactly like this one, custom shop due to the OFR. (My floyd is recessed too). Mine also has GL's sigs on front and back. The necks are a little big. I got mine for $854 a few years ago.

The LTD does look sweet..when I walked by it at NAMM I thought it was a normal ESP M1. It wasn't until I looked at the catalog at home that I realized what it was!

Comment

Working...
                    X