Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Wolfgang

HI all,

My guitar instructor strongly suggested that I should get the Wolfgang. I just discovered that I can't find a web retailer that carries this. (I tried Musicians Friend, Music123, and American Musical) What gives?

Does anyone know of a web retailer that sells this guitar?

Thanks.

Re: Peavey Wolfgang

Don't know a web retailer but check ebay, the specaials always go for $400-$600, and standerds a little more. Also watch out for the korean ones the main way to tell those are, there is no evh sig on the back of the headstock. I love my special and play it everyday, great pu's non resessed floyd, nice raw maple neck. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Why's he suggesting a guitar to you? What's wrong with your current guitar, what's his stake in you getting a Peavey?
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Definately look on Ebay. The Wolfgangs are overpriced to buy new, but you can find them more than half that on Ebay. They're nice guitars, but to each his own. I've owned a Wolfgang Special and a Wolfgang Standard. I wasn't impressed with either.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
          Why's he suggesting a guitar to you? What's wrong with your current guitar, what's his stake in you getting a Peavey?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My instructor hasn't got a stake in it. My best guitar currently is a DK-2 and I was looking to get something new. Something without SharkFins or a reverse head. Something with a HH or HSH pup config. I asked him what he thought of the Schecter Tempest Custom and he told me about the EVH. He said he had just played one recently and almost bought it. He seemed to think it was amazing.

Comment

Wolfgangs are REAL COOL guitars, I'd buy a Special on E Bay if I were going to get one... which I just might do in the future.

The one thing I don't like about them is that they are difficuly to play real fast on while sitting... that's my experience with them.

Comment

Going from a dinky/strat to a wolfgang is weird to sit down with, but you'll get used to it, and as I said I love mine. I only paid $400 for my special and it has an added tone knob, which you don't really need.
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I had a Wolfgang and never had a problem with it
                while playing it sitting down. The neck is fast and and the fingerboard is pretty flat. Great for my hands. A guy I know just picked up a real 5150 kramer and brought it to me to check out and the neck was a little wider but the neck was the same feel pretty much. Played great and the strings were really close with no buzz. It was fun to play. Like my Wolfgang was. Well still is, I sold it too work so I can still play it while its there. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                Anyway They are great guitars and mine had great tone.
                Gil

Comment

Working...
                X