New infos on Ran Guitars !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New infos on Ran Guitars !

I recall that some members here (including myself) were very interested in Ran guitars back when there was a thread on the old board.
    It happens that i just read around the Harmony Central guitar board and there is a thread about somebody who actually ordered and now owns a Ran guitar. The thread is here:
    http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...5&pagenumber=1

He says that the quality is very good considered for the price. I just wanted to tell you because i recall that we never found a person who owns a Ran guitar to tell about the quality of those guitars.
    And besides that the new english version Ran guitar that Ran talked about seems to be finally online:
    http://www.ranguitars.com/_en/index.htm

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Re: New infos on Ran Guitars !

Thanks very much Flo! Finally the english version is online! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] And they've taken some better pics of the guitars! Nice! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I was just about to post this [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The inlays on that KH-2 look a little crappy imo. but maybe it's just the pic..

so.. are you gonna order one? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I kinda want that invader.. hmm.. I still don't know what to do..

Comment

Allright Flo!

Thanks for posting! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hmm it looks really tempting. But at the moment i don't have any money left. I am in the progress of building a big desk for my room with some rack space integrated.
          And i guess after that i first have to buy some more recording stuff like 1-2 other mics and a better mic preamp.
          And if i ever will order a Ran guitar, i guess i will go completely custom. But maybe some time in the future, who knows ? I guess that's much more possible for me than to order a custom Jackson.
          It's just cool to know that the quality of Ran guitars seems to be good.

Flo
          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

ALL THE SHAPES LOOK LIKE BC RICH RIP OFFS W/ A FEW EXCEPTIONS TO THE DEAN/WASHBURN ONE AND THE Gibson/ESP LOOKING jh-2 (JAMES H. FROM METALLICA????)

I SEE A LAWSUIT WAITING.....

Comment

hey, I just noticed they got rid of the King V copy..

Comment

Yay someone's got one. They seem good. Ill have to save up [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

James

Comment

I sent an email for a quote for a totally insanely high spec JEM-7W type, came back as 980 Euro. Incredible, this was including asking for the claw trem route and the handle. I might be ordering a guitar from them sometime in the next year or 2. I just need some damn cash.

I also like the Amber one with the Flame Maple top on their site. Very nice guitar [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a feeling that they're somehow exempt from whatever patents restrict companies from making exact copies of particular body styles. From what I've gathered, Ran is catering mostly to the Polish market, so BC Rich, ESP and Jackson probably aren't especially concerned. Notice that there are a lot of Jackson-style guitars made for the Japanese market, not to mention ESPs Gibson copies. They have some Les Paul and Flying V copies that are nearly identical to the Gibsons.
                    sigpic

Comment

That beautiful amber one with flame maple top, the Hivision, costs only 825 euro (which is rougly the same in $US, if I remember correctly). His prices are insane!

Comment

I got a quote for a Vision (Soloist style) neckthru in black, tune-o-matic w/stop tailpiece, ebony board without inlays, black hardware, Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a Little '59 in the neck and the quote was $790 Euros. I need money and I need it now. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

The thing that makes me feel a bit incomfortable about Ran is the fact that you pay everything up-front. When they receive your money they start building the guitar...I know that all builders want a deposit upfront, but Ran wanting the whole sum (and being a completely unknown company) feels somehow unsafe. I know that I´m probably just being really unfair toward these guys, but I can´t help it!

Deliverytime on the more standard guitars is 6-8 weeks, which is actually pretty darn good! I´m probably going to order a Hivision with some altered specs anyhow, in spite of my fears...

Comment

Working...
                          X