X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ibanez Duct Tape Finish?!??

How gay is this?!??

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...1-Noodles.html
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: New Ibanez Duct Tape Finish?!??

Extremely.

James

Comment

Quite be-fitting however. I like the Offspring - they crack me up. Got to give them credit - they're good at what they do, and they are CONSISTENT! Might have to take one of their discs to the gym tonight.

So I wonder if the duct tape kills the tone & sustain? It would be like playing a stiff, dead, wet Canada goose with strings I bet... Probably makes the balsa sound like mahogany! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If it was paint, maybe not so bad or sorta not enough to hurl on at least I guess... But, that guitar is fugly...

Comment

ide bet it burns real nice tho

Comment

I partially covered my guitar in clear duct tape. it looked coolios, and old and vintage for a while, but i got bored with it, so i took it off, and shined it back up. I've never seen my guitar so shiny now!!

Comment

I am probably the only one on the Jackson board who likes the look of this guitar. Kinda looks like the gray snakeskin that Jackson offers, but then again, not really. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Actually, that doesn't even look remotely like Noodles's guitar. His guitar isn't finished with high-gloss poly like this signature guitar is. His is just duct tape. over whatever finish he used to have underneath.

The Offspring used to be my favorite band before Halford. How weird is that? Halford turned me to metal. Weird jump, I think, but beneficial for my guitar ambitions.

The Offspring have a fat-ass signature tone that I can't seem to replicate. Very chugga-chugga thick crispy tones as a result of Mesa Mark IV and VHT Pitbull amps, I think, with Dimarzio Super Distortions and Tone Zones. Their solos also have a fantastic screaming sound that isn't too harsh. I think I'll listen to them again for a bit for old time's sake... hehe!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                I am probably the only one on the Jackson board who likes the look of this guitar.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep...I think you just might be. That axe is ultra-gay.

Comment

Actually I thought this was funny.

www.espguitars.net
                  4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
                  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Well...DUH!

How else would they hold the laminate together - glue?

And when the neck snaps, just peel a few strips from the body and apply liberally to the scarf joint.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Works great for binding, as well. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] LMAO @ both Ron and Kent! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I can only imagine what effect that finish has one the guitars tone. Probably not much since its an ibanez.
                          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

definately not impressive at all. i've only seen one ibanez that impressed me. it was played by the guitarist from system of a down. blue meatallic iceman or sumthin. looked pretty rad. seemed to sound good too.

a guy (customer) at a guitar shop was makin fun of my guitar case once (has a punx not dead sticker on it) when i had the tele worked on. he said "there's no stickers on the guitar? thats what guitars are for, putting stickers on right?"

so i sorta smirk as i'm puttin my fender away and i look up at the tech guy to say;

"nah, thats what ibanezes are for" [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, that guy belongs to this forum! It was hilarious when you first posted that! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X