Gibson U2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson U2

I just bought a new toy, a '89 Gibson U2.It was in a local "high end" guitar shop,but they obviously didn't know what it was,'cos I got it cheap!(For those who don't know,think Soloist with a Gibson Explorer headstock)
    Anybody else out there had any experience with these?

Re: Gibson U2

I just went through Gibsons site and can't find a picture,there are loads of H/C reviews of them but no photos,i want to see one.

Comment

Yeah,it seems to be "The Gibson that Time Forgot"
      I can't find any information,apart from H/C. I've got a heap of old guitar mags,so I guess there must something in one of those(How else would I have recognised it?)

It's a fixed-neck 24 fret dinky-alike with a Schaller Floyd,HSS passive pickups and an unbound ebony board with dots.

Comment

I played 2 U2`s so far. I played one some 9 years ago. I played it a a friend`s uncle, The guitar was awesome!! This guitar can take an insane low set up without the buzzing. I played the other at some rich fukker kid`s house. He kept it by the heater. No need to mention the neck bowed. His U2 was a wreck. Both were neck through`s. Don`t know the fret numbers.

Comment

I have had a couple of them. I just sold a red one to a buddy. They really aren't worth much, so the store wasn't in the dark or anything. What type of bridge does yours have? Most I have seen have pot metal Steinberger tremolo's, but I have seen some with stoptails. Years ago I installed a Kahler on a flametop model and that guitar was dramtically improved.

Comment

I had one, metallic green with a Gibson Floyd Rose. It was a decent enough guitar, nice straight neck, and good fretwork. However, it obviously didn't impress me enough for me to keep it. I remember the pickups really sucked, and if I still had it, I would definitely replace the humbucker.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hey guys!
              Mine is black,black and more black,and yes the pickups do suck! (I've got a ToneZone lined up for it)The trem is a Gibson branded Schaller Floyd and I'm not fond of the individual pickup switches. It plays real nice!

Believe me,finding any guitar with "Gibson" on the headstock for under 300 pounds, over here, is almost unheard of!(Especially from that place..)

Comment

Working...
              X