NAMM - Gibson - Anyone there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM - Gibson - Anyone there?

I had heard a rumour that Gibson was going to introduce some new trasparent and burst finishes for their ES-137 Premier series - anyone at NAMM confirm or shoot down this theory?

Also, check out their LP Studio Platinum here:
    Les Paul Studio Platinum

All chrome and silver, with an ebony board minus inlays...me likes [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: NAMM - Gibson - Anyone there?

I love that silver one..

Comment

How much are they going for????

Comment

They found use for those old Gothic necks. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] (minus the inlay). Pretty cool, though.

Comment

I haven't been able to find a price yet, but I can take a guess.
          There is already an LP Studio model with a similar finish (Pewter) which has a street price of around $1200 from what I've seen. The LP Studio Gothic is also around $1200...maybe if I keep my fingers crossed hard enough they'll keep this Platinum model down around that same price too.

Comment

Musician's Friend has updated their LP Studio page with the new finishes, and the PLatinum is indeed going for $1199

Link - LP Studio $1199

[ January 19, 2003, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Evolver ]

Comment

No offence to all the Gibson fans but their booth SUCKED!

Comment

Screw the platinum, I want the Studio Limited. Mmmmm.... swamp ash [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] NO INLAYS! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Gibson... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The Gibson booth at NAMM was filled with pianos and old men. Not as many guitars as you would think a company with a history like Gibson would display. The new Explorer is cool. But overall, I thought their setup sucked.

Comment

Gibson is way behind everybody.

The last time I got excited about Gibson was in '85, when I picked up my Explorer.

I don't even bother looking to see whats "new".. yawn

Comment

Gibson had that "picled" finish look too.. I thought it was hideous to say the least!
                      Their booth was PATHETIC to say the least.
                      I DID run into Dave Amato on THursday though at the Gibby booth..

Comment

Heh.. maybe selling Epi SG's with that fugly "X" carved through the guitar didn't do so well for em...

WTF is up with that anyway, if I wana guitar with holes in it.. I can just go to the pawn shop..

Comment

I saw in a NAMM pic, a picture of 3 Gibson LP Junior Lite DC. Are they going to make these again? I sold one in Natural with Mini-Trap inlays and regret it ever since [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I sold it because i didn`t like the P-100`s, it totally slipped my mind to have it routed for a full size Hums [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] They looked similar to the one I had, but they had dots on the board. Are these going into production again, I will get one again if they do [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Are these what you're talking about:

Les Paul "Faded" Double-Cutaway

They've got P-90's (better than P-100's in my opinion). And thanks to the "satin" finish and lack of binding, they're going for around $600. I'll probably pick one up myself [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X