Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

and you were all worried about the Fender buyout.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and you were all worried about the Fender buyout.....

Everyone was afraid that fender was going to ruin Jackson with all that retro influence....well looks to be the other way around. The new Fender line includes lots of modern looking pieces.

[IMG]

[ January 16, 2003, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: TattooedCarrot ]

Re: and you were all worried about the Fender buyout.....

The Squiers

Comment

I don't mind a couple of them. The greyish Fenders look a little Schecter influenced
      Hail yesterday

Comment

So they'll take the Jackson Concert design (the ugly design, not the true Concert design) and make it a Squire, and then put out v-tremmed and hardtailed neckthrough reverse Stratheads with custom graphics?
        And how about that obvious Jake E Lee model? If it had reverse slanted pickups and a regular-sized head, they'd have something.

Then again, if they'd come and ask us what we'd like to see....

Newc

[ January 16, 2003, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oooh! I like that gunmetal archtop Strat-thing!

Comment

I wonder if they will ever learn to put OFR's on their guitars...
            I guitar, therefore, I am a Guitarer

http://iguitarer.blogspot.com

Comment

Hmmm...I'm liking what I'm seeing! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I think the Squier line has had a fair amount of success with some of their more "modern" designs, so we're starting to see some trickle-down into the Fender line. Those teles with the 1 hum are the same as the one I had with 2 hums minus the graphic - it was a great guitar. Mahogany body with a mahogany set-neck. The only thing that bugged me was the adjustment screws on the bridge would dig into my hand. Other than that, well put together with parts that made sense for today's music.

Good job so far! I wonder if we'll ever see those in Guitar Center? I wouldn't mind trying a couple out...

By the way - if I'm right here, those Fenders at the top are probably all set-neck or neck-thru guitars. Way cool... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ January 16, 2003, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: chris_olson ]

Comment

I'm kinda diggin' that Fender archtop Strat-like thingy. I still hate Teles though, so anything they do to the Tele still wont make me like them.

That "Celtic weave" inlay is a VERY nice touch!

Comment

I kind of like the Grey one myself. I bought a Charcoal HSH Stagemaster for my 10 year old last year for $140.00. It has great tone and the action is good too for a Chinese import. They had a neck through down the street the other day that I tried out and it sounded like crap. I guess its hit or miss with the Fender imports.

Comment

Those were proto'ed before the buyout.
                    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Have you seen the new Gibson inspired Fenders? They look like a LP Jr Strat, and a LP Special Strat.

[ January 16, 2003, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: BigDaddyD ]

Comment

As far as Floyds are concerned...

Comment

you can paint a '63 oldmobile like a dodge viper, but its still not a viper....this is rehashed territory ..looks like the old h.m. series strat of '88
                          john

Comment

Man, I am DIGGING that grey one-hum strat! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

A 24 fret Fender Strat??
                              Am I seeing that correctly?

Comment

Working...
                              X