Paul Stanley and Silvertone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Stanley and Silvertone

Hey hey. 1st off I want to say I am one of the biggest KISS fans ever, but I just saw the new Paul Stanley line of Silvertone guitars. Silvertone? He is about the biggest rock star ther is and he plays plywood body guitars now? These are some lame looking axes. I have a few KISS guitars and I have loved them since 1976, but come on. The add says "I can play anything I want, and I play Silvertone"-NOT. What is up with that? The Iceman was a great guitar. I have the first year PS10 and it sounds awesome. His deal to go with Washburn was weird, but at leat they were made from real wood and they looked sort of cool, but this is not cool.
    LATER!!!
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Re: Paul Stanley and Silvertone

Where are some pics? I haven't seen or heard of this yet. I've got a '79 PS10 that I love, but those Washburns made me want to track down every one produced and smash them with a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
      Where are some pics? I haven't seen or heard of this yet. I've got a '79 PS10 that I love, but those Washburns made me want to track down every one produced and smash them with a hammer.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Compared to these things, you'll love
      those Washburns!

[ January 16, 2003, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's a full-page ad in the Feb. '03 Guitar World, with Mudvayne on the cover.
        A new low in gear-endorsement prostitution. In a way,though, Paul's right; no matter WHAT guitar he plays, it
        isn't going to sound that great! Might as well play a P.O.S. and take home a truckload of cash! It's not like KISS has had new relevance in quite awhile.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

http://www.kissonline.com/features/f...ew&art_id=3425

Comment

The mind boggles... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

This is surely a sign of the end of the world gents...Silvertone has crossed over into the "pointy" market!

Bend down and KISS (pun intended) your balls goodbye...LOL! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I gotta say I'm really dissapointed in this one. I can't even stand the shapes .. Notice the one on the right has a similiar appearance to a punisher bass? ..

BTW Has anyone heard Kiss tribute on the ramones tribute album yet? ...

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

i've said it before, i'll say it again...that...um, non-v guitar looks like a punisher that was sitting on a radiator and melted. they're SO nasty. not to mention, lame.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

So does anyone know if these are produced/built over here, or "over there"?

Kinda confusing....

Comment

Just a thought - doesn't Paul do a lot more "dancing" than playing anyway? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I never really thought much of his playing - I always thought he just strapped a dil...uh, I mean guitar on so he looked like a musician! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Especially in the 80's & 90's when Kulick was playing - Paul wasn't really needed on the geetar when you have someone like Bruce playing. So Paul can play whatever he likes now, cuz Tommy Thayer can cover the guitar parts - any good guitarist could cover the guitars on any KISS song - they certainly don't really require two guitar parts for most songs! If I can play KISS songs, then so could an epileptic chimp with one hand bound behind it's back! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I wonder if Paul has actually played a guitar that's been plugged in in years? Besides - smashing a cheap Silvertone isn't as "expensive" as smashing an Ibanez Iceman...

Comment

Why couldn't they just have hung it up back after Peter Criss, and Ace were gone from the band again??

I've lost every ounce of respect for KISS...now they appear to just be "milking it" for all it's worth. C'mon guys...setlle back on your nice plump nest-eggs and enjoy the fruits of your careers.

Comment

Hey hey. There is an acoustic too. Well that one may be cool. Why do they need to do stupid **** like this? Call me stupid, but when the new Axe basses came out I put up the $3000 to get one. I did not get the Washburn and the ACE Gibson was not likethe one he played in the 70's. But at least they all were real guitars and sound great. Silvertone? Come on Paul. Go back to BC Rich at least. Now there gonna tour again without Ace and Peter? It's getting real real hard to be a KISS fan these days. I stuck with them in the 80's when it was just Paul and Gene, but I done think I will see the new tour if this is a glimps of things to come.
                          LATER!!!
                          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

just for giggles, I tried to check out their website, but it says "you are not authorized to view this page" WTF?!??!?
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Is this what one would call "Corporate Rock"? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm thinking they need to put their careers into Gene's newly marketed KISS Coffin and lay them to rest. I was a KISS fan back in the day, but I'm TRULY embarrassed by what it has all become. Like rap-metal, I think it's time for them to just go away and leave us with a few happy memories... [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X