Got my Delong Strat yesterday..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Delong Strat yesterday..

Came in right before I had to go to work, but I got to check it a little. Now that I've been home for a while I got to realy go over it. I've owned one of these before so there were no surprizes. I got it in black. I think it looks alot better in black than the puke green I had it in before. It is flawless. The neck was alligned well and nothing needs any adjustment. I got lucky here. This one sounds alot better than the other ones I've had. I don't know why, but there is a difference. It sounds alot clearer and has a good punch to it. It's not muddy sounding and I didn't have to change any of my amp or effects settings. I'm glad i got it. I didn't want to get rid of my last one so I'm definately keeping this one. MF has em at $399 and they have been discontinued. If you all want one, better get it now. As soon as I can get some pics, I will post em.

Re: Got my Delong Strat yesterday..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jon Villalobos:
    [QB]Came in right before I had to go to work, but I got to check it a little. Now that I've been home for a while I got to realy go over it. I've owned one of these before so there were no surprizes. I got it in black. I think it looks alot better in black than the puke green I had it in before. It is flawless. The neck was alligned well and nothing needs any adjustment. I got lucky here. This one sounds alot better than the other ones I've had. I don't know why, but there is a difference. It sounds alot clearer and has a good punch to it.

Congrats! Sounds like you got better wood this time around, and better QC from
    Fender too! Rock on with your new baby!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

congrats!

I've only played the one De Longe (in the puke green - I kinda like it) and I thought it was great.

There was no tag on it when I first checked it out so I asked one of the sales guys "how much you got on the De Longe strat?"

"$1899," he answers "and it's the same one he uses on stage" like it might impress me. At 30, he must figure I look closer to 16. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I made some comment about how Fender is making Charvel copies now. He was like, "uh, yea". I don't think he got the reference. It's funny cos the guys in this shop can usually shoot the sh!t about my old "metal" guitars forever [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Felt good, needed absolutely nothing doing to it and was a lot of fun to play, but for AU$1900, it's more expensive here than the new Highway 1 strats.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

dude! the puke green is what makes this guitar!! how could you go for black?! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] j/k although I do like the puke green

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. That's what I imagine while playing it, (In my mind) "This San DImas Charvel sounds great". No, really, my Delong Strat is pretty killer. I drop tuned it and it held it's water. Nice and clear. Went all the way down from E to C. I hope J/C does something like this in a rear route. The Charvel Journeyman was close. Lets see after the NAMM models come what J/C has to offer. There's nothing like a one hummer, one volume guitar. Plug it in and wail! Another thing about this axe that is a little strange, this one is lighter than my old Tom Delong was. I guess this one is actualy alder and not poplar. I know they were and are now supposed to be alder, but you never know. Well, I'm gonna go play now and wait for tomorrow to come for to see some new NAMM stuff. Later.

Comment

Working...
          X