Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey v-type exp?

Good guitar? comments?
    posts are greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Re: peavey v-type exp?

bump.

Please, I need info. I'm seriously going to get it soon, and need to know if there's better crap for the money out there.

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

The V type is just a reissue of the Vandenberg. If you want a Vandenberg, buy the real thing. They hit Ebay all the time, and sell for around $300. They are US made, while the V EXP is made in Korea. The Vandenberg has a real nice neck, and decent pickups. There were 2 trems used on the bolton versions though. One had the Kahler Spyder, and the other had the Kahler 2700. Get the one with the Spyder.

Comment

Agreed - get the Vandy. They are super guitars. Check out this site: http://www.geocities.com/vandenberget/

Comment

Holy smokes, Adrian Vandenberg is so queer! LOL, Don't get me wrong, he's a decent guitar player, but wow does he look like a gearbox.

Vandenbergs are great guitars, and have awesome thin necks on them.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The V-Type are the USA made ones w/ebony fingerboards, V-Type EXP are the export or offshore versions with rosewood as mentioned. I have two Vandys, so was very interested in how the new V-type (USA) plays (since there was one on ebay for $700), so at NAMM I tried the USA V-type out. The neck thickness & shape is NOT the same. It felt thicker and chunkier than the Vandy's, definitely different than the thinner easy to play/more comfortable Vandy neck. I was expecting the same neck shape, so was disappointed. I just looked at the website, the new V-type have 12in fingerboard radius, and in looking at the old Vandy manual, that has a 15in radius, so that confirms part of my difference 'feel'. At least I got a chance to check it before I did any bid on the ebay one!. Neck shapes are very subjective , each has his own preference (so you should try one out first), but, the new V-type felt more thicker/bulky to me. Otherwise, the quality of the instrument was first rate. Also, the 'nekid lady' 12th fret inlays are chrome/shiny. The pics I saw on the peavey website and on the ebay guitar looked more satin.

So I agree with you guys, go for the old Vandys on ebay.

FYI. they had Ltd Edition V-type EXPs there that were unbelieveable visually, figured body woods, with abalone body binding and abalone binding on each side of the rosewood fingerboard (not side binding, but on the surface edges of the fingerboard itself). Visually awesome! (I don't see these on the website).

Comment

Whoa, didn't know that. Thanx guys, I'll definetely think about it.

Comment

Used Jackson Dinkys on E Bay all the time for CHEAP. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I couldn't beat the price for a new axe. Even though it's not the original, it really doesn't sound bad at all. It was on sale for $369! Cheaper stuff on e-bay? Yea probably. But I like getting the stuff new and straight from the shop. Thanks for the info.

Next guitar: KE3.

Comment

Those are nice guitars for being Peaveys...I've tried a few out at the local shop and they have a nice feel to them.
                    I'd still grab a Charvel Model series or Jackson Dinky instead...but those are pretty nice.

Comment

There is a black Vandy w/ an ebony fretboard right by me for practically nothing. Great guitar, I know the previous owner. Let me know if anyone is interested.

M

[ January 30, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Matt from VENTT ]

Comment

Working...
                      X