Schecter Tempest Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Tempest Custom

What do you guys think of the Schecter Tempest Custom? I just discovered it last week. I don't remember seeing it before. I am wondering if it is new for 2003.

Anyway, I think both the Black and Antique Sunburst look awesome. I wouldn't want the P-90 model.

If it played good, I would like one of each [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I tried the C-1 and the 006 at my music store. I think these are very good guitars.

Re: Schecter Tempest Custom

Hmmmm, I guess I started a very unpopular thread.

Maybe if I post a link! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Link to a Tempest Custom

Comment

Tom,i liked the link,i felt sorry for nobody replying to you and now i am really sorry to say i'm not crazy about it.Anybody know how they play?

Comment

Ahhhh! My first pity post! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

That is not unusual. Usually this board is good. But sometimes you try to start a serious thread and it goes nowhere. Then other times somebody will post " Do not reply, just testing my Avetar " and that thread will have 200 replies.

Or some guy will complain about cock roaches in his apartment and he will get 300 replies telling him not to post things like that. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Tom it looks as though you are right,roaches are the future of the JCF,was it dross who had the problem?

Comment

Mike - Yes.

Hey Mate - that is a nice looking PC1. Way cool!

Tom

Comment

Ok, the guitar looks nice, but not exactly my style. Schecter's duncan design pickups sound like doo doo and I'm not comfortable with 24 3/4 scale guitars. Schecter seems to use nice hardware (sung il bridge and grover tuners) and the mahogany body/maple neck combo makes for a killer tone once you swap in some good pickups. So, make it a 25.5 scale and put some good pickups in it and it wouldn't be bad . . . but that would make it a C1 classic.

Comment

Thanks,i knew i was right to award you with 5 stars for pity [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep----I'd like to play these Schecter axes--the one I'm curious about is a new model Telecaster 243/4--Abalone body binding, quilt top, arched-top, etc...only $599...w/Seymore D. pickups.
                  Cant beat the price, just curious about the playability!

Comment

The Tempest is definitely interesting looking.

Spec wise:

TOP:I'm not sure if that's a Carved maple top or a veneer. I would prefer an actual carved maple top.
                    Pickups: DD's. I would get rid of them and put in a Duncan Jazz and JB.
                    Neck: I would prefer a mahogany neck.

Those would be my only concerns.

I would seriously look at the C1 classic right now. $499 for natural finish at M.F.

If they have any left.

Kent
                    4 SONG EP NOW AVAILABLE!!
                    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/HEDDA

www.heddatheband.com

www.myspace.com/heddatheband

Comment

Working...
                    X