Vester guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vester guitars

I've been looking for a website with info about these guitars, but I have yet to find one. I know they are considered to be ****, and I guess that they're not too good, judging from the word on the street. Hehe [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

But I'm considering picking up a used one at a local store. I'm gonna modify it pretty much... Change the bridge pup for an EMG 81, use heavy strings and tune it down, block the floyd, put stickers on it, etc...

I want a beater guitar that I don't have to care about as much as my SL2H. I think that this Vester will suit my purpose pretty well.

Feel free to chime in with your experiences and opinions on Vester guitars! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] And if you know any Vester website, please put the link here.

Thanks

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Re: Vester guitars

used to own one red vester around 9 years back, the stock pickup sounds average and the fret board isn't that comfy. The plus point is that it sure look great..loan it to my friend many years back and i never see it again [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

They now go by the name Lotus.......

Comment

Dude, just buy a used Jackson Dinky or Ibanez RG(with Edge trem) on E Bay, they go SO CHEAP!!!

Comment

Thanks for your answers guys! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Word and Busszaww: Yeah I know that would be a much better guitar. The only thing is, they're not cheap around here... they're dirt cheap in the states, but unfortunately not in Sweden. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I'll pick up the Vester pretty cheap, at least cheaper than any used Jackson. Of course, if I'd find a dirt cheap Jackson or Charvel, I'll take it over any Vester! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

My first guitar was an entry level red vester I got about 10 years ago. They probably have a few decent models out there. Probably the only place you might find some info on them is in the guitar reviews on harmonycentral.com.

Comment

why vester, cause it's cheap ass neck through? just get a model 5 or 6 probably for the same money. or a used carvin
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
                They now go by the name Lotus.......
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">one of my very first guitars was a lotus rhoads v. i beat the **** out of that thing! carved it up, put stickers all over it, threw it across the yard, it was tough as nails. great buy for $50
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I read a couple of reviews over at harmony-central.com... People seem to have quite different opinion about Vester. Most of them said that the electronics were pure crap though! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

What do you guys think about putting some neon yellow volume knobs on it? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

I don't know man, sounds kinda crazy... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

friend of mine had one...it dropped adn the bridge broke, so it was unusable. he later took all the hardware off, and covered the body in prosm tape, leaving the edges bare...kind of a natural binding type of thing... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i later put it back together for him after i sanded the neck finish off, put a new bridge on, and replaced the rest of the hardware. is it a wonderful guitar? no. does it sound okay? yeah. was it a fun yet maddening project? yep.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Anders:
                        Thanks for your answers guys! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Word and Busszaww: Yeah I know that would be a much better guitar. The only thing is, they're not cheap around here... they're dirt cheap in the states, but unfortunately not in Sweden. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I'll pick up the Vester pretty cheap, at least cheaper than any used Jackson. Of course, if I'd find a dirt cheap Jackson or Charvel, I'll take it over any Vester! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anders
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, if he bought a cheap Dinky or RG off of US Ebay it's probably cost $150 to
                        $200 to ship it to Sweden, IF he could get a US seller TO ship there... recall
                        Alexi7 posting that his "$600" Rhoads will end up costing him $1,000 by the time he gets it? I'm sure the freight is
                        not much less to Sweden than to OZ.

Anders, you may consider looking for a used Yamaha RGZ or RGX guitar. They're dirt-cheap here, and may be even there, I
                        don't know. Worth looking, and nicer than a Vespa, I mean Vester [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] The RGZ is much like an Ibanez RG, but a little better made, and the RGX is similar to the Ibanez RG also, but has a
                        shorter scale for those with small hands.
                        They really get passed over in music stores and pawnshops but are not bad at all. Anyway, best of luck getting a nice
                        knock-around guitar!

Lerxstcat
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lerxstcat: You pretty much summed up my problem! It would cost a fortune buying from the bay! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for your advise! I will look around and see if I can find a Yamaha! I'll post pics of the beater guitar when I've bought it and modded it to perfection! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

Vester was the Instrument division of Vestax. They were made in Korea. I had one a couple of years ago with a killer paint job. It was black with gold crackle. Neck thru and had the same neck and headstock as one of my Jacksons'. Bound neck and headstock, but the pups were crap so i tried a Screamin deomin in the bridge and it actually sounded worse. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The springs for the trem would make a rattling echo sound like a built in reverb. It sounded thin and cheap. Which it was. I traded it to GC for my DKGC36. I think It';s been a while since I had it.
                            Gil

Comment

Which do you guys think is the better guitar? A Vester or a Charvette? I can pick up either a black Vester (HSS, licensed floyd) or a blue Charvette (HSS, licensed floyd) for the same price. Which should I buy? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

Working...
                              X