Taylor 310 prices --- HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor 310 prices --- HELP!!!!

What's the typical second-hand price on a one-year-old Taylor 310 dreadnought? I may be able to purchase one for about $580, and the price bought first-hand was about $970.

I know that the 300 series is the lowest line of Taylor guitars. I'm not even sure if this particular one that is being sold to me has a pickup. I believe that some do, and some don't.

If the price seems reasonable, I may inquire and/or purchase. A bonus would be the pickup, since I already have a purely acoustic dreadnought in my guitarsenal.

So, is how good is $580 for it?

Re: Taylor 310 prices --- HELP!!!!

Hi,I have always wanted one(614 and sell for 1.5K!?).
    310, for $580 is a very good deal in my opinion.
    If you are looking for an acoustic electric, it has to say 310ce or something.
    And if you check the side of the body, if there is a preamp EQs, and place for a battery, then it has a pickup.

So make sure if it is a 310ce(sorry I don't even know 310CE exists or not).I knwo tehre are 314CE and 410CE out there and what I want is 614CE which comes with a pickup. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, the c is for "cutaway", the e for "electronics". But I don't think they offer those things seperately any more.

That's a good price for a 310. I love my 412ce, and they're pretty close to the 300 series.

Comment

Sam Ash in NYC had some new 300 and 400 series Taylors for around $1300-$1400. They were nice and sounded great, but I asked one of the guys who was playing one (and thinking of buying one) why he would pay so much for one. I told him I paid about that much for my mint 614CE with leather case. He looked at me like I was crazy. Sam Ash sells the 600s for over $2300. Go figure.

Comment

The 614ce seems to be an extremely popular choice. Where'd you get yours from for that cheap?!?

Comment

The NYC guitar show, years ago. They can be had all over the place. Check Ebay or Mandolin Brothers. I just don't understand why people buy new anymore. Gee 314 or 614, hmmm let me think about it. Miata of Ferrari

Comment

You must be lucky. Many things can go wrong with an eBay purchase, especialy on a $1200 acoustic guitar. With a current model acoustic, I'd rather play the actual thing I was buying before plunking down the green. Of course, with discontinued models it's a different story, and buying used isn't the issue - buying sight unseen is.

With that said, I've bought a bunch of stuff off eBay. Sometimes lucky, sometimes not so much.

Comment

I have bought almost everything I have either used or over the internet and have never had a bad deal. You must know what you are looking for and how to protect yourself. There will always be an element that will remain a gamble, but the same thing can happen if you buy at a store...in person. Sometimes problems don't present themselves until they are too late.

Comment

Working...
                X