Quality Comparison of Schecter and BC Rich Imports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Comparison of Schecter and BC Rich Imports

How does Shecters' Diamond series compare to Richs' NJ series? And what are the Schecter necks like? Thanks!

LC

Re: Quality Comparison of Schecter and BC Rich Imports

I've tried a few Schecter Diamond Series models, and one BC Rich NJ model, and I can say that I think both are great guitars for the money. The Schecters that I've played have what I like to call "in-between" necks-not too fat and not too skinny. The neck on the BC Rich was thinner and faster. I haven't owned either of these so I can't comment on reliability, but both seem to be nice guitars.

Comment

Many Import Schecters have Duncan designed pickups these help.
      Import BC Rich, I have played some and they are .....sorry I would not recommend.

It depends and you need to play these and decide which one to go but I would recommend Schecter over BC Rich.

My opinion. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

if your looking at new Rich NJ's i recommend used USA models. u can find some good deals if your willing to wait till u find the one u want. u can get a usa bolt on for around $3-500. & if u dont mind kahlers neckthru can be found for a couple hundred more.
        im kinda biased tho i only have richs & c/js

Comment

Hrmmm... I'd have to give the Schecter's the edge in the import area as long as you're cool with a somewhat thicker neck profile. Like Boxcar said, they're both good guitars for the money. One thing the NEW BC Rich's have going for them though is the pickups. The BDSM Pickups that are coming in the newer NJ's sound GREAT for the price. Way better than any Duncan Designed or EMG-HZ IMHO. Pickups are easily replaced anyway.

Either way, I think you'll be happy.

Comment

lets not forget the fact that the NJ line has floyds, and not only that, excellent quality floyds. their also very light. and yes, the pups are amazing for the price.

Comment

My Schecter C-1 Stealth(which has REAL Duncan pickups) is scheduled to come in tomorrow, so I'll post pics and my review then.

Comment

Working...
              X