Anderson guitar arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson guitar arrived

I always play maple fingerboard necks but this one has Brazillian Rosewood fingerboard that feels great.

[ January 08, 2003, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: dinkyjacksonman ]

Re: Anderson guitar arrived

That's a really pretty axe. I recently visited the Mesa/Boogie store on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood to try out several Andersons, and they are definitely some high-class instruments. Congrats!

Comment

sweet.....its scary how much theyve gone up in price I remember buyin mine for $800 & selling it for $750 a yr or 2 later. what an a*s i was. mine even had the explorer headstock same kinda finish as Hammetts only blue & white not B&W.

Comment

Those are fantastic guitars. That one is beautiful!

Congrats!

Comment

Anderson guitar used to be real cheap.
          I still find many Anderson going real cheap nowdays.
          Mine is 99model with all the switches and bought for $1250.
          Not a bad deal.The retail for this is $3000 or more.

Anderson pickups look real weird and ugly but you know what, they sound real good!

Back in 90 or 91, I bought a Anderson made for Jeff Young of Megadeth.
          The pearl White one that he used as main guitar.
          I saw the AD selling the guitar and went to his house just outside of Los Angeles.
          I didn't even expect Jeff was selling the guitar.

Anyway,I bought that guitar for like $600.
          It had full scalloped neck with Explorer type neck shape.

The guitar sounded real great BUT the scalloped neck was hard to play and hard to keep the pitch.
          I was never able to get that thing playable in Live situation.

[ January 10, 2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: dinkyjacksonman ]

Comment

Ahhh...Beautiful Axe!! Someday I will score an Anderson! I just don't see too many used in my area. Dinkyjacksonman is right about the pickups, they are the BEST!!! I've got an H2+ in my main Jackson Dinky, an H2N+ in mutt Charvel Star, and I just bought an H2+ and H1- for my Les Paul. Hell, if I could afford it, I'd put Anderson's in ALL my guitars! Too bad they're so damn expensive, and no one seems to carry 'em!

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

-Kenn

[ January 10, 2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: kennslp ]

Comment

Beautiful guitar, congrats! I've got a '91 with maple fingerboard and floyd. The thing I love is their switching system. They have a 'blower switch' which is the front toggle. Front position gets you in the mode that feeds from how the 3 other switches are set, rear position gets you just the humbucker. So you can 'preset' the other pickup switches and toggle from the hum to that preset with a flick of the one front toggle. Very cool!

Comment

Yes! these sitches are great.You get many options of sound.Super clean to fat jazz tone, Classic Rock type lead to screaming lead.

I like these and GREAT!

And Anderson hum and singles sound real fat that surprise me.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Absolutely beautiful. Great guitars...Andersons are one of the best guitars I've ever played and I have played a bunch...
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

AWESOME!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet Anderson. What are the specs?

I've been thinking of getting one, but I haven't found a used one I like yet. I think the new price is just way to high.

Comment

i have two hollow drop tops, and thats all i play anymore. i'm looking for one with a switcharoo system now. I think the price is a little inflated, but they do not skimp on anything, the attention to detail is unsurpassed.

I've sent them several emails over the last few years, and Tom personally replys, and is very helpful.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X