Where to buy "gotoh magnum locks"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy "gotoh magnum locks"

I cant seem to find a website that sells them online.

I want to put locking tuners on my Ibanez RG421. Right now it has standard Gotoh tuners (nice quality) but I would like to mod the guitar a bit.

Anyone know any direct fitting replacements or else a place that carries gotoh magnum locks?

thanks

Re: Where to buy "gotoh magnum locks"

http://www.allparts.com/

These guys have everything, and for some of the best prices on the web. I know they sell the Gotoh Magnum locking tuners, its just a matter of finding them, since they have like 100 different tuning pegs. Good luck.

Comment

SO many different tuners. I thought it would be easy to find em but there are so many kinds :/

I also noticed the Planet Waves auto cutting ones on Stew mac for a decent price. I wonder if they would be a direct fit or not.

All the all parts tuners seemed REALLY expensic compared to stewmac.com .

Thanks for the link anyhow.

Comment

The AllParts prices are MSRP. Many dealers discount that by a percentage.

AllParts does have some similar locking Gotoh's, but not the Magnum Locks. I got a set of them on a MusicYo Kramer. Some board members here might be able to get some for you, though. Eric (abalonevintage), Doug (trillianguitars), Tim (troser) or Doc Dryer would likely be the best guys to ask.

The Planet Waves tuners (my very favorite locking tuner, and I have pretty much every kind there is) will work, but may need some modification to make them fit. If the holes through your headstock are .38" all the way through then they'll work just fine. But if the holes on the peghead face are smaller than the key holes on the back of the headstock, you'll have to ream them out to make the Planet Waves fit.
        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

thanks necro.....

Im not too sure about the bore, but I know that someone on jemsite.com said they are a direct fit, so It should be safe.

Whats a fair price to pay for the planet waves units?

Is the stew-mac price of 59$ fair for them? n Keep in mind im in canada so this will be a 100$ purchase.

I called some places in Canada but none have them or can order them yet :/

Comment

I bought mine from Stew-Mac. I really don't know what the suggested retail price is on them. You can e-mail Jason Cohen at D'Addario to find out, though.

[email protected]
            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
            X